Spritzup

Stressed!

I had a final tongiht, I have two finals tomorrow: on which I just recived the 30 pages of handouts we're responsable for last week. And a Spanish (AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!) final on Thursday.

My brain feels like pudding.

Pudding for everyone! And GOOD LUCK, even if you don't need it.

I think I failed an exam on Monday, but it was an a course I didn't need so I'm not too worried, but that's still money down the drain. Just like I do every year, I have realized what a poor student I am, and vowed to change. Borntohula can attest to this I'm sure. Any money says I'm just as bad next term. Actually, this term was especially bad. I'm a little ashamed, but still proud of my ability to retain any knowledge at all with the amount of work and studying I actually do.

January 9th? Slacker. I go back on the 4th.

As for College v University, University wins on so many levels. My year and a half at Langara College pales in comparison to my first term at Uvic. Better schooling, better social life, better everything. The only thing community college has going for it is the lower tuition fees.

I found all my classes at langara were 10 times harder than they are at SFU

I can slack off more and get better grades, it's weird, or maybe I've just gotten smarter B)

Well I'm pretty sure I just bombed my exam. Stupid fucking multiple choice with multiple answers. You've gotta choose all the right answers to get the question right, choose one wrong and you get the whole question wrong. I hate my life.

Well I'm pretty sure I just bombed my exam.  Stupid fucking multiple choice with multiple answers.  You've gotta choose all the right answers to get the question right, choose one wrong and you get the whole question wrong.  I hate my life.

You are not alone. Out of 88 multiple answer multiple choice questions, there were probably 5 questions I am 100% sure that I got right. oh well. I suppose if I had studied that may have helped a bit.

Edited by ethnic_scrap

multiple choice always suck cause teacher's love to throw in those "all of the above" and "none of the above" when two of the answers are right and the third one is wrong. Teachers are at their evilist when the make their exams. damn them, damn them all! (except my sister who teaches english where you cant uses multiple choice)

January 9th? Slacker. I go back on the 4th.

As for College v University, University wins on so many levels. My year and a half at Langara College pales in comparison to my first term at Uvic. Better schooling, better social life, better everything. The only thing community college has going for it is the lower tuition fees.

I found all my classes at langara were 10 times harder than they are at SFU

I can slack off more and get better grades, it's weird, or maybe I've just gotten smarter B)

The reason why Langara was harder is because the classes were so small the teachers actually got to know you. You had a better chance of being called on, you couldn't miss a class without them knowing, etc.

I like my 200 student Sociology class where I can skip a few days, or just read in the back and no one cares.

Well, they used to let us have in state tuition (so it was actually cheaper than TO) but they took it away and didn't tell any of us until after we were accepted (and I hadn't applid to TO).  So, I pretty much got screwed.

But, if you do the math, I do 4 years at Wayne and get my Pharm D.  At TO, you have to go 4 years and get your B Sc Pharmacy and then take a separate 5th year to get your Doctor of Pharmacy and tuition for that is like $40,000 for that year alone.  Plus the cost of living in TO.  So, even though I am paying non-resident tuition, it works out to be around the same.

Moral of the story - it does cost more in the states.

Remember the cost of getting a degree from a two-bit university x many years down the road.

EDIT: For your pharmacy degree... do you have to get a PHD to be a pharmacist?

Edited by ecnarf

Who's school are you calling two-bit? Apparently Wayne State is in the top 10 in the US for the pharmacy program (that's what my one teacher that I hate told us all year). And UofT is good, too.

You don't need your PhD. There are two degrees you can get, your Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy (B Sc. Pharm which I don't think they offer in the US anymore) or your Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm D). You don't have to write a thesis any more for the Doctor of Pharmacy (I made sure of that). Your Doctor of Pharmacy is an extra year and half of practical training in clinical situations. Like next year, I will be rounding with doctors and making therapeutic interventions every day. Kinda scary but fun at the same time.

Just did my Management Information Systems exam tonight! That was my easy one to ease me into the rest.

Tomorrow's Business Law and then Saturday is Finance. Finance is the only one that scares the hell out of me because I just barely squeeked by on the Midterm. So I've never had an Exam have to mean this much before.