benneb

King Kong

There were problems as with any movie, but it was still an enjoyable experiance that I would reccomend to anyone to check out.

The roamnce between the main chick and Adrian Brody or whatever his name is was poorly done, the whole brachiasauraus stampede was excessivly stupid, and there are a few impossibilities (King Kong would weigh, literally, TONS. If he tried to climb the empire state the way he did, pieces of it would have fallen off under his weight and he would have fallen on his ascent.) But all in all, an excellent film.

i dont think it was amazing.... i enjoyed it though.

i think that the film itself is an attempt to celebrate film; where it's been and where its going.

the story itself is weak in places. theres a large gap in between the capture of kong and his being brought to new york that seemed like a large portion of the story to just skip. i don't know.

i didn't really enjoy the references to heart of darkness, it seemed to be a plea by the writers to have this film be taken seriously and to be seen as more than just a

jackson was able to successfully portray the sense of emotion between the lady and the monkey very well... except sometimes i felt her feelings were more of a result of stockholm syndrome.

the themes like the loss of innocence and man vs. nature were prevalent, but those are also themes that the original film touches on..... so i'm not really sure if this story needed to be re-told.

It was an alright movie, I think it's biggest problem was the length, Peter Jackson could have cut it down for length quite a bit I think and it would have been a lot better. But I never like LoTR so this is still way better of a movie than LoTR for me.

this movie was bad.... the dialogue should have been completely reworked and the movie made into 90 minutes... then it might have been ok.

borntohula: the "gap" was the same in the original... I believe Jackson was just paying homage to the original by doing that.

Edited by Morbii

Peter Jackson proves quite impeccably in this film that if you really want to you can succesfully make any story line last for hours on end just by dramatizing the important things.. like walking.. or combing your hair.. or standing in line at the bmv, or well you get the point the wind would blow and all the cast would stop and look around as if the end were nigh and Frodo was almost to the mountain.. and king kong still didnt show up in the movie for another hour...

Wow.

I'm just hanging out with friends and they decide to watch this COOL movie. Serious, King Kong SUCKS sooo much. It's way to long, boring as hell, the action sequences are lame, predictable, and completely implausible(yes I realize it's fantasy, but c'mon!). They just go on and on and on and it's one stupid ass thing after another. I don't care what anyone says, that boat would have sank, and they all would have died on that damn island. I mean, every scene in this movie pisses me off. Every last one. It takes FOREVER to get to the island. Those natives wouldn't take it that easy on them, the dinosaurs would have trampled them, they ALL would have fell off that log Kong was shaking and died, the bugs would have eaten them, Kong would have killed Adrian Brody for sure, who by the way made it to Kong on his own, even though a bunch of grown men with big guns got totally fucked over by multiple things!!! and that's just the begining of my complaints! SJDFH283YHND C8Y8R23N C@!!!!!! I JUST CAN'T EXPLAIN HOW MUCH I HATE THIS STUPID MOVIE. It's hard to watch.

HORRIBLE movie coming from a HORRIBLE directer, Peter Jackson. Yeah that's right LOTR 2+3 suck too. Read the books, it's way better.

IMHO, ofcourse.

Of course the books were better they always are. I think that Peter Jackson did an unbelievable job on LOTR. i don't think another director could have done a better job. i hope he does the Hobbit next.

Oh yeah and i liked King Kong. i cried when he died. they should have let him live and sent him back home like they did in Mighty Joe Young

Edited by giggles

King Kong was visually stunning. Although it was a little too long I still enjoy seeing Kong rip open a T-Rex's mouth. Just bought the DVD and it has almost zero special features. Does any one own the special edition version?

<King Kong>

D r a w n o u t b e g i n n i n g

action, action, action, action, action

D r a w n o u t e n d

</King Kong>

I think that Peter Jackson may have it in his mind that epic movies have to be really long. He kinda got it easy with lotr.

I'm not too interested in this movie to begin with, but Peter Jackson being on the Halo movie will ruin that too, but the immense fanbase will make him look good, again.

Edited by dancing_invisible

I enjoyed King Kong... it was an all around fun movie. My only complaint was that I didn't bring a cushion to sit on in the theatre... as it was a long-mother of a movie