ryanolmstead

Should The Bring Back Futurama?

I thought it had a proper ending. Didn't fry go back in time and pushes himself into the freezing thing? I swear I remember reading a site a few years ago that had this big huge conspiracy theory and evidence that the makers of the show had that ending in mind all along and you can se clues all along the way. I remember because after reading it I became obsessed and had to own all the DVDs, but never got one.

in one word, yes. They should stop the Simpsons (well they should have done that about four seasons ago) and start Fururama up again, and maybe put subtitles for the jokes for the uneducated Fox viewers, they more then likely do it for fox news.

I thought it had a proper ending. Didn't fry go back in time and pushes himself into the freezing thing? I swear I remember reading a site a few years ago that had this big huge conspiracy theory and evidence that the makers of the show had that ending in mind all along and you can se clues all along the way. I remember because after reading it I became obsessed and had to own all the DVDs, but never got one.

Yes, they did have the ending in mind all along. All of the episodes involving Fry's freezing connect together perfectly, from the very first episode to one of the last. You can see Nibbler's shadow whenever they show Fry falling into the freezer, and sometimes you can see Fry's shadow too.

Futurama rocked the house, but I don't necessarily think bringing it back would be a great idea. When they brought back Family Guy it got really weird, like they figured they didn't have to follow any rules anymore. The new episodes don't make a lot of sense, they're way more vulgar and crazy and they're packed with non sequitur gags. Then again, the new espisodes of Family Guy are way better than the old episodes. So, I don't know what to think about the Futurama situation. I do miss Bender though.

Guest jsunC

Futurama probably is one of my favourite shows of all time. As for family guy, i get a couple of cheap laughs out of it but i think South Park summed up family guy best in its 2 part episode mocking family guy. Almost all the jokes are irrelevant to the plot. I don't think theres much of a demand for them to resurrect futurama, as someone said earlier, most people don't understand the jokes in Futurama.

I'd say the comeback of Family Guy is quite disasterous. I had more enthusiasm for it when it first came back but it's just gotten stupid now that I've had more time to really look at it. Half the show is spent on those random "Like that one time I..." scenes. I didn't mind it so much in the older episodes but the idea has really grown tiresome. It's like some sort of sandwich restaurant that discovers that their patrons' favorite part of a sandwhich is the cheese... so they start making sandwhiches that have nothing but cheese between the bread. Weird analogy but I think it's a valid comparison.

That's what would worry me about a comeback for Futurama (which I've always thought was better than Family Guy) is that they would take some of the more gimmicky stuff that worked with a lot of people before and just overload new episodes with them. I think it would be great if they brought it back and still made it fresh and funny, but the task seems like a really daunting one.

Futurama was okay but the jokes were not all that smart and sophisticated.

You have to read between the lines, when they're telling you Joke A, they're really using Joke A to tell Joke B.

If they bring back Futurama, I will be the happiest of all the pandas.