ryanolmstead

Should The Bring Back Futurama?

Family guy sucks more than Peter Jackson.

That's some harshness on Peter Jackson, because Family Guy sucks more than a black hole suffering from the hershey-squirts.

Futurama was okay but the jokes were not all that smart and sophisticated.

You have to read between the lines, when they're telling you Joke A, they're really using Joke A to tell Joke B.

If they bring back Futurama, I will be the happiest of all the pandas.

My point was usually neither joke was neither funny nor all that smart nor sophisticated. The humour isn't all that complicated to understand and it is not all that funny, it's good for a cheap laugh or two, but I'd rather watch something else if something else is on.

y'know, i really really enjoyed Futurama for what it was. I dont think they should bring it back, however, simply because it would be too much of a good thing. It had a good run and I'd hate to see it end on a dry, used up point.

Simpsons blow. They burned out about 4 or 5 seasons ago, but I still watch for the odd laugh.

Family Guy is the same old, same old...but I'm really getting anooyed when they keep going over the top (Quagmire especially has been out of control lately...too much).

Futurama will always be a gem. I hope they don't bring it back, because then it can't be ruined, I've watched a lot of epsodes over and over again and still enjoy them. I didn't like it at first, but after a few episodes I was hooked.

South Park will always be the best of them all though. They can always push the bar to the perfect extent. There's not too many episodes that I don't laugh all the way through or not be shocked at some of the things they do (The second kid up crabtree's snatch in the 'krazy kenny episode'...*shudder*)

Family guy sucks more than Peter Jackson.

That's a lot of suck, though I agree wholehearted

Terrible, well except for the movie, but I loved that show, Zoidberg is so jewish

Zoidberg is God.

I don't think bringing it back would be a horrible thing. I mean Futurama when it was around wasn't full of over-the-top gimmicks to begin with, what makes you think it will be full of them if it returned? Im sure they would write the new shows for the sake of continuing the story rather than JUST pleasing the audience. Futurama and Family Guy are apples and oranges, just because Family Guy sucked hard when it came back doesn't mean Futurama would. Different premise, different writers, different cartoon.

I read today that Katey Sagal said in an interview that Futurama is signed onto Comedy Central for 13-16 brand new episodes...and there's still the direct-to-dvd movie in 2007.

Hooray! (say it in a Zoidberg way)

I don't think bringing it back would be a horrible thing. I mean Futurama when it was around wasn't full of over-the-top gimmicks to begin with, what makes you think it will be full of them if it returned? Im sure they would write the new shows for the sake of continuing the story rather than JUST pleasing the audience. Futurama and Family Guy are apples and oranges, just because Family Guy sucked hard when it came back doesn't mean Futurama would. Different premise, different writers, different cartoon.

Maybe, but you really can't be sure what to expect.

i feel that they should have never brought Family Guy back.

yes, the first 3 seasons were brilliant. they were hillarious and new.

but since its come back, i honestly can think of a single stand out episode. really, while I watch the episode, I'm laughing here and there, but as soon as its over, i completely forget what the episode was about.

and futurama was great...because it stood on its own and didn't need topical humor. I remember I really enjoyed it when new episodes were on and then one sunday, it was over. I grew complexed. I try and catch them on Cartoon Network whenever I can.