sodamntired

Merry Christmas Or Happy Holidays?

What Do You Say More  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What Do You Say More

• Merry Christmas
    • Happy Holidays
    • It Doesn't Matter

My whole point was about us all having to be PC nowadays. I find it a little ridiculous the way we have to walk around on eggshells so as to not offend anyone. I don't understand why we should have to change our traditions for the few people that seem to be offended by the word Christmas. As many people have already said it is hardly thought by most people as being a religious holiday anymore. If someone is so offended by it just ignore it. No one is forcing you to celebrate Christmas.

For me, when I actually make the effort to not say Christmas, it's not that I'm walking around on eggshells or afraid I'll offend someone, because I really couldn't care. I just try and be sensitive because I fear them awkwardly telling me that Jesus ate their first born child. In reality though, I really don't care, and I don't talk to enough people to worry about what I wish them. Though unrealistic, the fears I've expressed can be compared to saying some sort of joke about a persons parents, only to have them tell you they were killed in a horrible cara ccident seven years ago tot his day, or to make a joke about abortion only to find out that the person you told it to, was in fact, aborted. I'm making sense right?

Stooge this is EXACTLY it, people have because of the media and others been influenced to believe that people are offended when they are wished Merry Christmas. I'm telling you ive met countless Jewish people, Islamic people, who all don't get offended at ALL about being wished a merry christmas. Its just a myth, look who advances their political positions because of whats going on. This is all a bunch of bullshit.

If someone is so offended by it just ignore it.

same could said for Christians getting offended by "Happy Holidays".

Didn't Jon Stewart do a bit on this? He showed a clip of O'Reilly saying that non-christians shouldn't be offended by "Merry Christmas" because it's just an innocent saying, then said how offensive the saying "Happy Holidays" is to Christians.

;)

If someone is so offended by it just ignore it.

same could said for Christians getting offended by "Happy Holidays".

Didn't Jon Stewart do a bit on this? He showed a clip of O'Reilly saying that non-christians shouldn't be offended by "Merry Christmas" because it's just an innocent saying, then said how offensive the saying "Happy Holidays" is to Christians.

;)

I'm not just talking about the whole Christmas issue I am talking about the whole being politically correct issue. There is so much stuff you can't say and do because it's not "PC". Now I am not saying that everyone should go around and start talking with racial slurs or anything like that I just don't get why this and many other greetings, words, celebrations etc. have to be re named or not mentioned in public in fears of offending someone. I couldn't care less if you wish me a Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas or Joyeux Noel. It's all the same to me but Holiday tree?? come on!. Pretty soon you won't be allowed to walk around wishing people a Happy New Year because it is offensive to the Chinese.

Its just a myth

if you could refrain from calling my religion and way of life a myth, i'd appreciate that. i understand you believe that, but not everyone does, so don't state it like a fact because it's not.

*ahem*

I really hate to be this rude and offensive... but...

www.thegodmovie.com

presents some compelling evidence that it is.

however, to be fair, I am quite sure that your way of life is not a myth. Otherwise, we'd all be having conversations that went along the lines of, "Many moons ago, there was a girl named Lauren that was said to frequent the Bored..."

EDIT: Holy crap, we're way off track. The guy had originally said that the idea that Jewish / Muslims are offended by Merry Christas was a myth.

I, however, don't really take too kindly to Merry Christmas... or well-wishing in general, for that matter. Especially when it coes from my relatives who think the earth is 6,000 years old.

Edited by ecnarf

Its just a myth

if you could refrain from calling my religion and way of life a myth, i'd appreciate that. i understand you believe that, but not everyone does, so don't state it like a fact because it's not.

You took what i said completely out of context, i actually don't necessarily believe in anything but what i said was that this right wing war on Christmas is a myth, the idea that non-christians are offended by ppl saying merry christmas is a myth not the religion itself. I think i made that pretty clear but if not im clearing that up now.

I, however, don't really take too kindly to Merry Christmas... or well-wishing in general, for that matter. Especially when it coes from my relatives who think the earth is 6,000 years old.

They should look into Hinduism. No conflict with evolution there ;) .

Its just a myth

You took what i said completely out of context, i actually don't necessarily believe in anything but what i said was that this right wing war on Christmas is a myth, the idea that non-christians are offended by ppl saying merry christmas is a myth not the religion itself. I think i made that pretty clear but if not im clearing that up now.

your lack of punctuation threw me off. sorry.

For me, when I actually make the effort to not say Christmas, it's not that I'm walking around on eggshells or afraid I'll offend someone, because I really couldn't care. I just try and be sensitive because I fear them awkwardly telling me that Jesus ate their first born child. In reality though, I really don't care, and I don't talk to enough people to worry about what I wish them. Though unrealistic, the fears I've expressed can be compared to saying some sort of joke about a persons parents, only to have them tell you they were killed in a horrible cara ccident seven years ago tot his day, or to make a joke about abortion only to find out that the person you told it to, was in fact, aborted. I'm making sense right?

JESUS ATE MY FIRST BORN CHILD.

I am so offended by this!!!!!!1111ONE.

*huggles for you* XD

Wasn't hey-zues actually named Joshua, and wasn't he a lot darker than the crucifix in your church will lead you to believe?

Maybe not a myth, but i don't think we can trust anything we're told on the matter to be the truth.

MET367-160.jpg

Edited by Dan #2

Wasn't hey-zues actually named Joshua, and wasn't he a lot darker than the crucifix in your church will lead you to believe?

Maybe not a myth, but i don't think we can trust anything we're told on the matter to be the truth.

MET367-160.jpg

Actually it was Yeshua, Jesus was the translation of his name in either greek or roman. (can't remember which ;); )

You know, if you think about it, Jesus was kinda hot. (No matter how he looked) I mean, think about it, he wants to save your soul. That's pretty damned sexy. XD

What the church doesn't tell you is that he's a zombie though. Think about it, he died, rose from the dead, that makes him UNDEAD. ZOMBIE JESUS.

(Yeah, I have way too much time on my hands, I even have a zombie Jesus action figure that my boy made for me.) XD

MET367-160.jpg

Actually it was Yeshua, Jesus was the translation of his name in either greek or roman. (can't remember which ;); )

You know, if you think about it, Jesus was kinda hot. (No matter how he looked) I mean, think about it, he wants to save your soul. That's pretty damned sexy. XD

What the church doesn't tell you is that he's a zombie though. Think about it, he died, rose from the dead, that makes him UNDEAD. ZOMBIE JESUS.

(Yeah, I have way too much time on my hands, I even have a zombie Jesus action figure that my boy made for me.) XD

I believe the Latin name was something to the degree of "Iulius", as the letter J doesn't exist in Latin.

Jesus died and did come back, but what a ghost thing. and i guess looked nothing like what he did prior to dying. and i don't think he was hot.. i think the bible says somehting about him being unattractive... and he was definately black, he pretty much stayed in africa, sometimes going to like greece and rome.

Jesus died and did come back, but what a ghost thing. and i guess looked nothing like what he did prior to dying. and i don't think he was hot.. i think the bible says somehting about him being unattractive... and he was definately black, he pretty much stayed in africa, sometimes going to like greece and rome.

When you say things like that, it makes me wonder if you've even read the Bible.

i have. front to back. if i wasn't too lazy to go get my bible, i'd find where it says all of what i said it says.

it says the he died and when he came back no one could see him. it says that when he went to people he knew they could see him but couldn't recognize him. i'm not 100% about the him being unattractive thing, but a friend who is a strong christian, born and raised in the church, told me. and common sense says he was black. i'v seen maps of his travels and he spent a lot of time in the mesopotamia area.

You must be thinking of the Apostles. St. Peter definitely traveled to Rome (he was sorta killed there), and I do remember mentions of trips to Spain, Africa and into the Asian continent on the parts of the Apostles, but definitely not Jesus.