garsk

Canadian Political Parties

Exactly, i dont know if theres a law, but it would discredit you're standing within one or the other, or both political parties as a memeber who maybe flip flops? or maybe just an ex-member who lied about being affiliated with another party? i dunno try it and get back to me ;)

Edited by supercanuk

So far i have membership forms for the big three (Conservative, Liberal, and NDP). They all wanted me to join right then and there, but i didnt have the member ship fee, $10 for liberal and conservative, $25 for NDP. But i will continue, and will update later.

I live in a small town and have nothing to do for the next two weeks of my christmas vacation, why not?

just an update, i am not going to join the NDP for Two reasons, 1) they state on the membership form that you can not be a member of another party, and 2) they ask your ethnic origin.

yes, please explain this... how does it work in canada? in the US, you only register your party identification (if you choose to declare it) with the state voter registration, not with the party itself, though voter registration records are open and searchable.

yes, please explain this... how does it work in canada? in the US, you only register your party identification (if you choose to declare it) with the state voter registration, not with the party itself, though voter registration records are open and searchable.

Joining a party does not have anything (necessarily) to do with your vote. You join a party to participate in its policy and decision making (in theory at least. in practice the parties are dominated by bigwigs and joining it gives you little to no say in their policies).

Only a small fraction of Canadians (4% or less) are members of political parties. Those tend to be the keeners.