RicardoObviouso

The Drink

pssh. don't listen to these people. drinking alone is cool! escpecially if you've got some video games to play.

do what you want, not what's 'socially acceptable'. only make a change if you feel like drinking is actually making a negative impact on your life, or if someone close to you is complaining.

teh end.

-An increasing tolerance to the effects of alcohol. You may have heard the expression that someone can "hold their liquor." This is not a sign that this person will not have problems with alcohol; in fact, this may be an early sign of alcoholism.

-A growing preoccupation with or interest in drinking, drinking alone or drinking before an activity where there will be drinking. It may seem as though one simply enjoys drinking. We now know that these signs are the first symptoms of alcoholism.

-A person will dispute there is a problem. This symptom, called denial, is almost always present in alcoholism.

from another site:

-A history of alcoholism in you family which could genetically predispose you to become an alcoholic.

-A history of heavy drinking. You began drinking as an adolescent and usually have five to six drinks every night or every weekend. Any amount beyond two drinks when you imbibe could eventually lead to problems.

-Any problems caused by drinking - arrests, ill health, fights at home that become worse because you're drunk, complaints of friends, spouses or children, absenteeism at work - are all indications that drinking may have already become a problem for you.

-Inability to stop or cut back on your drinking when you've promised yourself or someone else you would.

-Loss of control. You planned to have only two drinks and wound up having too many. The bottom line question about alcohol is, Do you control it or does it control you?

-Blackouts or an inability to remember events while drinking. This is one of the more serious symptoms of alcoholism.

-Denial that there is a drinking problem despite repeated confrontations by concerned others. This is another serious symptom of alcoholism. Your vigorous attempts to deny you have a drinking problem is, ironically, a good sign you do.

and also:

Drunkenness

Craving alcohol

Inability to stop drinking

Need for morning alcoholic drink

Drinking too much alcohol

Drinking whenever you feel stress

Hiding your drinking from others

Anger when asked about drinking

Guilt when asked about drinking

Loss of work days

Drink driving

Difficulty sleeping

Irritability

Loss of appetite

Malnutrition

Weight loss

Impotence

Insomnia

Bad dreams

Blackouts

i don't have friends therefore i do drink alone on occasion.. i don't think there is anything wrong with it.. i don't get drunk everyday or go to work drunk etc.. i don't think liking alcohol makes you an alcoholic..

i've gone to work drunk once. just to see what it was like. and let me tell you, i'm never doing it again...

;)

but at least it made me appreciate how hard my job is.

I really don't think those things that are listed, would make you an alocholic.

People who don't know when to stop drinking, or drink before going to work, drinking all the time, losing money and waisting money at bars, and stores just to get alcohol is really an alcoholic.

Just because you got drunk one night, does not mean you get drunk all night.

I really don't think those things that are listed, would make you an alocholic.

People who don't know when to stop drinking, or drink before going to work, drinking all the time, losing money and waisting money at bars, and stores just to get alcohol is really an alcoholic.

Just because you got drunk one night, does not mean you get drunk all night.

i think they mean if this happens a few times a week..

if there's beer in the house i've drank while watching hockey, but i generally stop after one or two.

and i'd much rather go somewhere like marshy's and watch the game on a big screen tv with all the other sens fans.

Edited by Scot