Dan #2

Drummers That Will Kick Your Ass

Maybe because i'm only a casual drummer, there are drummers out there that i find nothing short of inhuman.

Homies like Tomas Haake, Travis Barker, Danny Carey, Neil Peart, Mike Portnoy and Joey Jordison are absolutely stunning. I never really gave the crazyness of their drumming much thought, as i have stuck to easier stuff, but hearing Slipknot's live album made me realise how amazing these guys really are. During a full concert, when a drummer can do something like 9.0 Live's drum solo, it's so impressive.

EDIT: I should note that during this solo, Joey is mounted into a chair like in a cockpit, and the stage moves in vertical circles, powered by hydrolics. Check out the Disasterpieces DVD if you can.

Who here drums?

Name some other good drummers.

Edited by Dan #2

I have that DVD and I think the fact that his platform is moving is pretty well the only part of that drum solo that's actually noteable. Besides killing the double bass, s'just a run of the mill duggita, duggita, duggita.

There's a fucking wicked Joey Jordison solo somewhere on my computer. S'just a rudimentary taping of him practicing but I used to fucking love it. Gotta find that again.

As for the question, Neil Peart is and forever will be my hero behind a kit.

I have that DVD and I think the fact that his platform is moving is pretty well the only part of that drum solo that's actually noteable. Besides killing the double bass, s'just a run of the mill duggita, duggita, duggita.

There's a fucking wicked Joey Jordison solo somewhere on my computer. S'just a rudimentary taping of him practicing but I used to fucking love it. Gotta find that again.

As for the question, Neil Peart is and forever will be my hero behind a kit.

If you find it, you should share it.

I forgot about Hellhammer, i'm silly.

Did i mention Nick Barker, from Anaal Nathrakh, Dimmu Borgir and Cradle of Filth?

Even if you don't like the style of a drummer like that, to be able to keep that crazyness up for hours at a time is amazing.