Ravenous itchy

What Did You Get For Christmas?

I got a whack of money of which i went and bought the most beautiful digital camera that i wanted, so their might be some pics being posted on here, uhm i got a new watch from Roots, its rockin', also i got laptop memory, some clothes and with gift cards and extra cash bought like six dvd's and my fear and loathing in las vegas is comming in on order. Basically one of the best holiday presents ever.

stainless steel toaster oven

2 tickets to the world junior's final at gm place in jan.

rossignol bandit B4 skis w/ scratch 120 bindings

nitro darkhorse snowboard & drake ss bindings

burton-ronin 3L jacket

paradigm S4 speakers

egyptian cotton bath robe (that i puked on last night after a bit too much drinking)

led zeppelin - physical graffitti

tragically hip - yer favorites, hipeponymous

louisville pro-return one piece hockey sticks

a bottle of nasty red wine

chrome garbage can

...i think thats it.

A harmon mute, a cd and gift certificate for HMV, a lot of clothes, and a couple books (Shake Hands With The Devil and 1491).

Harmon mutes are awesome because you can do the "wah wah wah wa-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-h" thing with them.

I'm "indefinitely borrowing" one form my band teacher.

My friend showed up at my house at 5:00 on boxing day and gave me a present, which turned out to be a hard drive, which actually had "American Gods" by Neil Gaiman hidden inside it. Some disassembly required.

I got new Rossignol Zeniths. I'm going to Jay Peak, Vermont next week, so I'll get a chance to check them out.

I'm always apprehensive about buying new skis, because you never quite know what they'll feel like until it's too late, so you have to trust the sales guy and hope. These skis are apparently extremely stiff and should be good for mogul/powder skiing (not quite backcountry), but the guy said it would take some getting used to. Hm.

guitar lessons, some bed sheets and some action figures.

it's a sad life when i'm most excited about the bed sheets.

When i went to buy prom shoes, i bought sheets instead, and since i was broke, i wore my sandals to prom!

Everyone wins!

I got new Rossignol Zeniths. I'm going to Jay Peak, Vermont next week, so I'll get a chance to check them out.

I'm always apprehensive about buying new skis, because you never quite know what they'll feel like until it's too late, so you have to trust the sales guy and hope. These skis are apparently extremely stiff and should be good for mogul/powder skiing (not quite backcountry), but the guy said it would take some getting used to. Hm.

those are some sexy skis, but i was under the impression zeniths were for pure edge-to-edge skiing.

most mountains have demo days where manufacturers have their full product lines there available for demo so you can find what you like. thats how i decide which skiis i run with, because yeah, its an expensive mistake if you dont end up enjoying the ride.

i got the B4s purely for backcountry and powder, i was running with atomic stomps before, and i use Volkl AC3 for bumps, and on-piced local skiing.

For Christmas, my brother got way more than I did. I know I sound spoiled, but it made me feel really shitty. My parent's said that it was because I got money for Christmas, but he got the same amount as I did. And about tripple the amount of guifts. And his were more exspencive than mine. Christmas sucked, in a horribly superficial way.

I kinda want to choke him with a telephone cord in his sleep.

That news makes me want to kill myself.

Why haven't I heard of these "mountain days"?

i dont know where you live, but i'm pretty sure the demo days happen at every mountain (assuming its semi-popular) and usually twice a year.

i'm going to a rossi demo on januray 1st at seymour mtn in vancouver, i'm pretty sure its industry people only but i know the mountain has hosted two open to the public this season.

the best thing to do is to call them and ask, or check manufacturer websites and see if they post dates.

and as far as finding skis that fit what you want to do, go to websites and read up on what style they were designed for, and when you do go out to buy or see them in person, go to pro-shops.

See, the problem is that companies list the price of the skis at 800 bucks a pair, but the store will sell them for maybe half that. So you just don't know what you're going to pay for.

Secondly, I live in Toronto, far away from any "mountain". So yeah.

And also, I suggested to my mom that we go somewhere that actually sells a proper selection of skis and whose staff actually know what's going on (i.e. Sporting Life) and she promptly bitched at me that the skis there cost more and so it wasn't worth going there. She's extremely cheap, so yeah.

I had initially been looking at Atomic Beta Carv 9-18's, which were suggested by an employee at Sport Chek who seemed extremely knowledgable. We went back a week later, and another employee told us they had just got a brand new ski in (the one we bought) since we came which would suit my purposes better. They cost 20 bucks more and were a brand new model (as opposed to the three year old Atomics), so I figured this would be better.

The more I think about it, the more I realize I should have gone to Sporting Life because they actually know what they're doing when it comes to selling skis.