Hey all, I recorded the City and Colour show in Edmonton yesterday (March 24) and am currently torrenting it over at Dimeadozen. You have to sign up with them to download the torrent, but it's a pretty quick process. Sometimes they reach the 100,000 max user limit, and if that is the case just check back in an hour or two as the constantly remove old/dead accounts.

The show was at the same venue Matthew Good was at the night before so the quality is really good. Check it out at: http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=88459

Edited by gursky

I don't know how you could find his stuff bland and boring, but hey, that's your opinion. I find his music is incredible, just for the talent he has and the intensity he applies it with. That being said, some of his best stuff isn't even on his album. Try and check out Serravale, This Sudden Injury, Urgency, and the different version of Sam Malone (it's more strummy, and a superior version, if you ask me).

I was drawn to his music when I heard he was first starting this solo stuff, being a big Alexisonfire fan, but even if I hadn't already known him from his band, I would have enjoyed his material nonetheless.

I'm personally a fan of Hello, I'm In Delaware. And Casey's Song. The Grace by Neverending White Lights is a phenomenal song that I never get sick of. I find Dallas' voice very soothing. Overall, a big fan of his solo stuff. Not big into Alexisonfire. That's just my two cents.

I was drawn to his music when I heard he was first starting this solo stuff, being a big Alexisonfire fan, but even if I hadn't already known him from his band, I would have enjoyed his material nonetheless.

The only reason i haven't curb stomped him is because he's in alexisonfire.

Naw, i don't hate his solo stuff, it's just like the epitome of everything i dislike about pop music, so it shall be the target of my anger. It's actually not that bad, compared to half the shit out there.

That and i would actually be interested to here the Happiness 'cover.'

I really hope that City and COlour means that Dallas will fuck off and let Alexisonfire be about polarbears and white men again. I blame him for their decent into emodom, whether that blame is unfounded or not.

Wow. That is really well done.

As for whether or not he deserves a curbstomp or not, i will put the album on again and get back to you.

(because you know i'd A: actually do that over something as trivial as a solo album and B: i am just being silly, i'm not taking this all seriously at all)

PS~ i think it's funny that star fucking hipsterz like Dine Alone throw the phrase "can't keep up with the new trends" around. THEY deserve the curbstomping.

Edited by Dan #2

This may be slightly off topic, but anyone else in here who is kinda into alexisonfire that thinks they would be much better off if the screamy guy just shut the hell up?

there are a lot of people that think that. They're called "pussies."

This may be slightly off topic, but anyone else in here who is kinda into alexisonfire that thinks they would be much better off if the screamy guy just shut the hell up?

there are a lot of people that think that. They're called "pussies."

i'm not a pussy! you're a pussy, pussy!

i think aof songs are way better when dallas is doing the singing.

oh damn, guess i'm a pussy.

it's opinion, not being a pussy.

I don't think i've made one serious comment since i started this thread.

This band has such an embarassing fanbase.

Like every band has such an embarrassing fan base.

Or maybe i just don't like social groups of douches.

On their albums, Dallas has a pretty prominent role.

If George were to leave Alexisonfire.... Their live shows would be boring as hell. That man is one of the most entertaining showmen I've seen in a while.

As for Dallas' side project: I was expecting a lot. The stuff I did like, I loved. The stuff I didn't, well, that's what the "next-track" button is for.

I got my money's worth, so I'm happy.

But I NEED that Happiness by the Kilowatt recording in my blood. It's awesome.

Still dig the Alexisonfire version more, though.