Yeah, Dallas does a good job covering that song.

He also covers Soon Enough By the Constantines during his live shows.

Thats fucking amazing. "Soon Enough" is one of my favourite songs. If anyone's got a bootleg of it kicking around YSI that bad boy, eh.

This may be slightly off topic, but anyone else in here who is kinda into alexisonfire that thinks they would be much better off if the screamy guy just shut the hell up?

i have to agree, while i think it definately adds to some songs, its annoying to hear him only do that, if he played guitar or keys or something else besides just screaming, because it always sounds the exact same or even if he sang once in awhile, i just find him to be expendable, but each to his own iguess, if they didn't want him in their band they wouldn't have him i'm sure.

This may be slightly off topic, but anyone else in here who is kinda into alexisonfire that thinks they would be much better off if the screamy guy just shut the hell up?

i have to agree, while i think it definately adds to some songs, its annoying to hear him only do that, if he played guitar or keys or something else besides just screaming, because it always sounds the exact same or even if he sang once in awhile, i just find him to be expendable, but each to his own iguess, if they didn't want him in their band they wouldn't have him i'm sure.

I don't know about this recent record but I know George contributed alot to the lyrics of the first one and they were easily some of the best I've heard. They were screamed throughout the record but I find when you know what he's saying it makes the song that much enjoyable.

Overall I think the first album is way better than the second, it had better lyrics, was more complex musically, and for some reason I found with more screaming, the songs didn't get old as fast.

There's no way shutting up the screaming will help Alexisonfire, if anything they should restrain Dallas from writing the lyrics to the songs. All that man writes is dull, cliche words. Just look at his solo album.

I don't know about this recent record but I know George contributed alot to the lyrics of the first one and they were easily some of the best I've heard. They were screamed throughout the record but I find when you know what he's saying it makes the song that much enjoyable.

Overall I think the first album is way better than the second, it had better lyrics, was more complex musically, and for some reason I found with more screaming, the songs didn't get old as fast.

There's no way shutting up the screaming will help Alexisonfire, if anything they should restrain Dallas from writing the lyrics to the songs. All that man writes is dull, cliche words. Just look at his solo album.

i wasn't aware he (George) wrote the lyrics, and i will admit the main fault i find in dallas are his lyrics (for the most part), i'm not ahuge fan of the band, and to tell you the truth i haven't listened to them a great deal, but from what I've heard I prefer the songs where dallas is featured more, because his voice is so good.

I heart you!

Bullshit, Dallas does write good lyrics. I don't know what you expect him to write about, but not everyone can always write about politcs or whatever it is you expect him to write about. I think he does good at what he does and saying that he should take less of a role in Alexisonfire would probably hurt the band more than help it.

Bullshit, Dallas does write good lyrics. I don't know what you expect him to write about, but not everyone can always write about politcs or whatever it is you expect him to write about. I think he does good at what he does and saying that he should take less of a role in Alexisonfire would probably hurt the band more than help it.

Dallas has hurt the band more than he has helped it.

So to you, if you're not a whiny myspace-ready emo douche you have to be into politics right?

S/T = Fun, funk and more fun

Watch Out = just shut up and take your toaster in the bath already!

Bullshit, Dallas does write good lyrics.  I don't know what you expect him to write about, but not everyone can always write about politcs or whatever it is you expect him to write about.  I think he does good at what he does and saying that he should take less of a role in Alexisonfire would probably hurt the band more than help it.

So to you, if you're not a whiny myspace-ready emo douche you have to be into politics right?

wow, them's big words coming from the boy with the pink belt!

ok i kid

but seriously, just because you don't like him doesn't mean he's hurt the band, why do you think that?

Bullshit, Dallas does write good lyrics.  I don't know what you expect him to write about, but not everyone can always write about politcs or whatever it is you expect him to write about.  I think he does good at what he does and saying that he should take less of a role in Alexisonfire would probably hurt the band more than help it.

in all fairness he writes the songs does he not? if that's the case, then isn't he sort of an important part of the band? he is a cool guitar player and does have a sick voice, one of the best in music in my opinion

If i remember correctly, all the songs are credited to the 'Fire.

Though there is a HUGE difference between the writing on the two. Not the same person on lyrics, and even the music is a whole lot different.

But even Dallas' vox on S/T were so corny compared to george's parts.

We just picked it up recently and I'm ok with it so far. Perhaps it's because he added a couple more instruments, but largely, it sounds a whole lot less....depressing.

And at the risk of sounding emo, I'm not digging the more upbeat sound too much. As I said, for now it's just ok.

I think it's a great album.

As for Sleeping Sickness I always laugh when Gord Downie starts singing, but it's a nice song, gets stuck in my head. I appreciate that a lot of the songs are about insomnia, trouble sleeping - AKA The Death of Me, Constant Knot, Sleeping Sickness, whatever.

Only songs I'm not too keen on are Body in a Box and the last one. I only listened to it once...

I really enjoy the new sound. The lyrics are still cheese, but the sound is nice. ("Every man needs a muse and mine can be the bottle?!!!") Anyway.

Edited by soundless_space

I agree his lyrics aren't the greatest, but then neither are Coldplay's, and they got pretty popular.

Dallas Green's got a nice voice and it's a pretty enjoyable listen. I wish the mastering sounded better though, his stuff always sounds so tinny or something. I like a bunch of the songs off the new album, maybe not enough to listen regularly but there's some good stuff on there. I'm enjoying the extra instruments, I find it hard to sit through an album of just acoustic guitars... hah, and that includes MG's Rooms.

For the most part I enjoyed this record but I cannot fucking stand "the girl'. Even if I didn't hate Leah Miller(obnoxious and unattractive Much Music VJ who is dating Dallas) I couldn't stomach such horrible lyrics. I mean you have the voice of an angel and yet this is all you can come up with:

But you don't ask for no diamond rings,

No delicate string of pearls,

That's why I wrote this song to sing,

My beautiful girl............yuck, puke...

I bought the Sometimes album couple years ago and listened to it a couple times and couldn't get into it. Then I heard him in concert at Virginfest and thought he was pretty amazing live. So I picked up his Live album and it has much better vocals IMO.

Yeah, I agree the lyrics aren't anything special, but the guy's got a great voice and some of the acoustic riffs are cool.

The new album has some good songs, like Sleeping Sickness and Sensible Heart, but I'd still recommend his live CD over both studio albums.