Anyone have this album yet? I got it yesterday. It's pretty good, but Strokes albums usually take me a few listens to get addicted. Matt apparently loves this album...so he wrote on his blog. Just curious what others think of it...

*EDIT* sorry...didn't see the other post on this EXACT thing....ignore this post.

Edited by mofonik

I wasn't a fan of The Strokes, then a mate leant me Room on Fire and it just grew on me.

I picked up the new album a couple of days ago, it's pretty damn good. 'You Only Live Once' and 'On The Other Side' plus 'Juicebox' would be good to check out if you're interested in picking up the album.

Edited by ood_mutler

the other 2 albums were the new B.I.G. album. which im starting to get sick of seeing new remixed material from him and 2PAC. its like they're dead get over it. you dont hear remixes of nirvana songs every 3 months. its getting old. i cant remember what the other album was. something not as good as the strokes though. i hear Brand New is working on a new album anybody know anything? tool as well i heard?

the first strokes album was good, the second sounded exactly the same so i wasnt interested. and the new one is they're best yet. they have combined the old sound with a new one.

Edited by davidedward

The new Strokes album is good in my opinion. But it took a few listens for me to get hooked. Is this it? and Room on Fire both took me a few listens to get addicted also. It definately shows the band is growing. I recommend it.

I'm still undecided about the new album. It took me a while to like "Room on Fire," but I ended up really digging that album after a few listens. So far, on the new disc, I only like the first couple of songs: "You Only Live Once," "Juicebox," and "Heart In A Cage." I wanna like the new album, but I'm not too sure it's gonna happen.