Moonlight_Graham

Liberals In = Quebec & Alberta Out?

actually, it wouldn't. sure klein was premier during some booming economic times, but he was premier during some shit times too.

Yeah, he was, and he utterly shredded our social programs. Now he's reluctant to restore funding to them during our current boom.

I'm not saying he's the worst leader we could have, but I think Alberta could do much better. I don't require a history lesson. I've not only been here, but am spending god knows how much money studying history, economics, and political science. I'm, as they say it, quite "up on things". I simply disagree with the conclusions you drew from the events.

ecnarf: I think they may have, but a) it wasn't exclusive to Alberta farmers, b) they do shit like that for other provinces all the time. It's part of what they do.

Edited by Russell

actually, it wouldn't. sure klein was premier during some booming economic times, but he was premier during some shit times too.

Yeah, he was, and he utterly shredded our social programs. Now he's reluctant to restore funding to them during our current boom.

that's what it has to do with it.

mikey mackinnon:

i feel better now.

though it was incredibly hard to decipher just what your conservative-alberta comment was all about, i have something to say:

HISTORY LESSON

alberta has had the same premier (ralph klein) from the same party (pc) for the last four years. before that, don getty (1985-1992) also PC. before that, peter lougheed, (1971-1985), again, also PC. so we've established that alberta traditionally elects conservatives to represent thier interests. either that, or in their mafia way they've convinced the majority of albertans to vote conservative through threats to personal safety and the safety of thier families.

but we'll start at the top. after the social credit party lost to the PC's in 1971, (the first time they'd lost to anyone since 1935) lougheed (the newly elected premier. stay with me) furthered the development of the oil and gas resources, and started the alberta heritage fund. he also introduced the alberta bill of rights. very mafia-like indeed.

next, donald getty, ex-eskimo (the football team, not the inuit) worked for agriculture and rural development, energy development, the family, and economic diversification, including the growth of forestry, high technology, and tourism. don getty's government left a legacy of strong fiscal management, self-government for metis settlements,  the election of canada's only elected senator, and the creation of family day (in alberta everyone gets a day off to spend with thier family).

i think everyone already knows where i stand on ralph klein, and i'm sure you all already know what he's done for the province (for example, bringing the province successfully throught the mad cow crisis the federal government all but ignored and back into the surplus again)

so there. we've looked at alberta. we've looked at CONSERVATIVE alberta. i'm looking. what's the problem? we still wait in line at the emergency room. we don't pay a thousand dollars every time we want to see a doctor (in fact i think it was roughly $200 a year for me for alberta health care). and while the thought of a stephen harper majority government makes me nearly piss myself, you can't start talking shit about the way things are in alberta if you are as disgustingly uninformed as it seems you are.

Josiegross

Your balls are bigger then mine lol well done.

Everyone

I do not have very strong background in political debate but I am beginning to study it and understand it more. More or less I was putting up a poor man's rant (an immature post) on my 2 cents. I wanted the Liberals to win and I made a quick post without doing to much research. The result the community butchered me alive because I played on bad stereotypes on Alberta. The community or "teachers" graded my post with a clear F. Next time I will do a bit of research or "homework".

PS do not take this too serious.

Edited by mikeymackinon