NationofCool

2005 Matthew Good Band Elimination

Suburbia

Prime Time Deliverance - Very difficult choice, but I have to go with PTD. It amazes me that Matt was inspired by a night of channel surfing to write this powerfully eerie tongue and cheek song about how society has become tv obsessed.

Edited by The_Stooge

I'm pissed off cause there are so many songs that are better than Suburbia. I don't get the deal with Suburbia, why does everyone think its so great? I'd take so many songs over Suburbia.

Anyhow, Avalanche and WWWHR.

Edit: oh and Stooge, are you sure that's what it's about? If matt ever said anything about it, could you explain what he really ment about each part of the song? I've never known exactly what that song was about. :S

Edited by MarketTomato

I remember reading on the now defunct runningforhome website, that Matt had said in an interview that this song was a homage to what he called the new god, television. He was inspired by the recall button on his remote to make this song. That while channel surfing one night, he thought it was kind of funny and interesting that fiction and non-fiction programming were just blending together so easily. The reference to the CIA came from a news report that he saw about how they were doing illegal domestic surveillance.

I'm pissed off cause there are so many songs that are better than Suburbia. I don't get the deal with Suburbia, why does everyone think its so great? I'd take so many songs over Suburbia.

Thats funny because thats the same way I feel about Avalanche. I don't really find it impressive at all, while Suburbia is probably in my top five.