Scot

Stupid Girls

... Easier said then done.

Of course, you can flirt with a guy, and mean no harm by it, have no additional feelings for the guy, and end up screwing everything up. Just because you were nice and got a guys hopes up.

So yes, be direct.

(I was going to argue that being direct isn't that easy, but I obviously talked myself out of it.)

Scot, how easy would you say it is for a girl to be direct and forward?

Can you imagine going up to a girl and directly saying "I like you and I want to go out with you." Now imagine it's the other way around, except the guy is a good 6 inches taller than you and has a sense of humour so sarcastic it could freeze your fragile heart.

...sometimes I wonder why I don't have good luck with the fairer sex. All evidence currently points to some sort of biological inferiority on their part.

another good question:

if you think you're being sent the message, why not throw caution to the wind and pursue the point? what exactly have you got to lose?

EDIT: please ignore the glaring hypocrisy on my part.

Edited by ecnarf

Can you imagine going up to a girl and directly saying "I like you and I want to go out with you."  Now imagine it's the other way around, except the guy is a good 6 inches taller than you and has a sense of humour so sarcastic it could freeze your fragile heart.

easier than the assortment of random girls who upon hearing i'm a musician approach me in bars and request sex?

edit: and in the future, please don't ask me to imagine guys. thanks. ;)

Edited by Scot

To be honest, I don't find it particularly appealing if a chick plays guitar. Maybe some guys do, but seeing as I play guitar, I don't think it very impressive. Now, if you can play better than me (which isn't very hard), then you'll have impressed me.

Although I wonder about guys who don't play guitar... they might feel a bit inferior/emasculated by the whole thing.

To be honest, I find intelligence most attractive in girls.

To be honest, I don't find it particularly appealing if a chick plays guitar. Maybe some guys do, but seeing as I play guitar, I don't think it very impressive. Now, if you can play better than me (which isn't very hard), then you'll have impressed me.

Although I wonder about guys who don't play guitar... they might feel a bit inferior/emasculated by the whole thing.

To be honest, I find intelligence most attractive in girls.

Even if their level of intelligence surpasses your own? Is it still sexy or do you feel intimidated?

All I have to do is stand on a busy street and say "I play guitar" at a normal voice level and girls come from every direction to offer themselves to me.  You should try it.

I prefer drummers myself.....

Do guys find it sexy when chicks play guitar? Cuz I play guitar....

I don't know about guys. But I find it sexy.

guitar playing is not sexy to me. probably because like every guy i know can play so its nothing special.

edit: regarding girls telling guys that they like them, i have and it's worked out okay. you do need to flirt first to see if and how he responds. and after you well him, there might be this awkward 'what do we do now?' thing. or maybe she does like you but doesn't want anything to change (relationship status-wise) so doesn't see a point in telling you.

Edited by Lauren

Here I go:

1. I don't understand the whole "he's a musician, let's get it on" thing. It just seems kind of pathetic.

2. If I like a guy, he knows. I will tell him. If he laughs at me, he is a jack ass and not the type of guy I would want to be with at all. So, I don't think there is a problem putting yourself out there.