radio_bomb

Which Album Is Superior?

Which is the better U2 Album?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the better U2 Album?

• Achtung Baby
    • The Joshua Tree

Achtung by a large margin.

Joshua Tree has three 'big' U2 songs in Where the Streets Have No Name, With Or Without You (which is amazing) and I still HAven't Found What I'm Looking for. There are a few other decent tracks (Bullet the Blue Sky comes to mind.)

Achtung, however, only has one 'big' U2 song in One, but I think the rest of the album is superior with a lot of underated material. Acrobat and Ultraviolet are two of my all time favourite U2 songs.

On another note, I think a decent case can be made for All That You Can't Leave Behind being the best U2 album as well.

joshua tree is better than achtung in my opinion, it has other great tracks than the big three (and they are fucking big) Red HIll Mining Town is wicked as is Bullet the Blue Sky, Mothers of the Disappeared and Exit. So Joshua Tree is better, but lately I"m a big fan of The Unforgettable Fire and War.

well i guess its unfair to judge one then? the joshua tree is damn good, really good,

not at all, considering they've been around 200 years and every single song i've ever heard by them sucks

no, its fine to not like them but you can't really judge an album until you listen to it, that's all i am saying. I used to hate them, cause it was easy to, becuase they are so big and have been around for so long and because everyoen said they were so good, but then i listened to War and The Unforgettabele Fire, and now I"m a huge fan, they also put on one of the best live shows in the world.

no, its fine to not like them but you can't really judge an album until you listen to it, that's all i am saying. I used to hate them, cause it was easy to, becuase they are so big and have been around for so long and because everyoen said they were so good, but then i listened to War and The Unforgettabele Fire, and now I"m a huge fan, they also put on one of the best live shows in the world.

it's pretty rare for me to dislike a band just because everyone else says they're good.

the reason i mentioned that they'd been around so long is because i pretty much grew up hearing them on the radio, meaning that i've heard A LOT of u2 songs, and while i don't normally think that singles are the best representation of a band, they are at least good songs, for the most part.

and in this case i think that i've heard enough to know that i don't want to hear the rest of what their albums have to offer. make sense?