lcpja

Audrey Belanger's email

So i'm sure most of you have seen it...what's your reaction?

Do you think Matt handled it well with his response?

Posts your comments here or on official website.

Wow... that was a really stupid letter. Audrey if you're reading this please reply.

Anyways here's what I said:

Why exactly would you deserve a refund? Encores aren't exactly part of a concert, it's just an added reward for being a good crowd and as Matt said he played at least 12 songs. I know that most of you weren't taking part in the "moshing" but it still ended up in chipping someones teeth. Incidents like this lead to deaths. If the mic didn't get knocked down it could have eventually lead into someone getting trampled. It's happened before at other shows.

And as for not buying another MG cd again, you're missing out. I wouldn't hold an unplayed encore against him.

Anyways I'm not trying to force anything on you so best of luck to you.

Here is what i said...

Well Audrey, first of all i find it absolutely hilarious that you have the balls to write a complete lie, especially to Matt himself.

Considering what you wrote, i find you completely selfish and inconsiderate.

Does Matt as a HUMAN BEING not have the right to stop the show?

If you had gotten sick or injured at the show and wasn't able to stay for it's duration, would you still ask for your money back? I mean come on, it's the same sort of senario...Matt doesn't have to perform just for you.

And as for Matt's remarks towards the crowd after he was injured...well, do you blame him. Ya sure he was angry, but don't we all get that way. He shouldn't have to put up with that shit. He just wants some respect. And hey, if you didn't do anything wrong in terms of misbehaving at the concert, then don't take it so personally.

Honestly, if you were a real fan, you would understand!!!

me

Now like Matt said, the same thing did happen at the Winnipeg show. Unfortuinately, in some reguards, the Winnipeg show was a free show. It was held at "The Summer Vortex 2K4" Which i s a big fair with rides and shit. So I'm guessing that there were quite a few poeple there just for the sake of being at a concert. things also got a bit out of hand, a lot of people were pushing and shoving everyone that was up front and Matt stopped playing a few times and called us worse then "assholes." The thing is this:

1) Matt stopped playing and took the time to show concern to his fans

2) By calling the audience names, I wasn't hurt, because I wasn't the one starting shit, he was refering to the trouble makers.

3) Matt even let fans that were up front getting hurt come up on stage with him to get them out of harms way.

I have seen more bands live than I can even remember to name right now, and to be honest, none of them seemed to care enough about their fans to do something like that for their fans. Saying that you're never going to buy a Matt Good CD or anything ever again has got to be one of the stupidest statements I've ever heard. Lets just say for a moment that Matt is really a gigantic asshole, in no way does that take away from the greatness of his music. Look at Oasis, the two brothers in that band are complete jerk-offs and yet they have provided some great music that I still enjoy. I know everyone is saying it, but I think Matt lost the right 10 fans.

Edited by Hyphnip

anyone that is gonna me pissed off at a comment that wasn't even made to them, or mad cause they didn't get an encore should go without music for a while and see what that does from them. they need to realize what they have.

indeed, you all have covered this quite nicely, i'd be mad too if some moron in the front decided to raise hell for no apparent reason, and as for audrey, shes about as sharp as a spoon, all her facts were either wrong or skewed beyond recognition...

If those are her thoughts then why be ashamed of the letter.

Although i could see that some time in the future people would get kind of nasty towards her, therefore i think it was safe for Matt to delete the letter.

In the letter she made Matt Sound like a Jackass... im sure matt was upset he had to stop (its not like he hates doing encores). His teeth were chipped and that really hurts. Matt is in fact not a jackass... he finished the 11 or 12 songs and left. I dont see how people can be mad :angry: I just hope that matt knows his true fans will always support him. If i was at the concert i would be more mad at the jackasses who chipped matt's teeth than being mad at matt.

Does this make any sense... i think so ;)