davidedward

Least Fav Matt Good Song

Alright, it's time I said it:

I despise Strange Days. I don't know why, but I just cannot stand the song.

Here's the kicker:

I also hate Weapon.

Edit: OK, maybe despsie is too strong a word. But I definately don't like it. What I do despise is In a World Called Catastrophe

Edited by Prometheon

I didn't like "In a World Called Catastrophe" at first either. I still don't really, but his new raw approach was still refreshing.

what's brutal is the video. The new directors got nothin on Bill Morrison

new around here. I noticed in the download section there is a live version of Rico, and the description is something like "the most hated MG song". Why is Rico so hated?

Back in the day, people used to scream "Rico" during concerts and it pissed Matt off because he doesn't really like the song. It became a meme almost for people to scream the song and have him refuse and take on a life of its' own. That, and I'm sure there's a few people who just legitimately don't like it.

The last tour I was shocked at how much more prevalent the Rico requests were at the three Alberta shows I attended compared to the BC shows I'm used to seeing.  Plenty of songs get yelled, but at the Red Deer show Rico was probably shouted three times as much as any other song.  While I have heard the odd Rico request at BC shows it is far down the list of the commonly yelled songs.  It made me wonder if radio stations in each province had focused heavily on different MG singles, maybe Rico didn't get as much air time in BC where something like Sybolistic White Walls did. 

The last tour I was shocked at how much more prevalent the Rico requests were at the three Alberta shows I attended compared to the BC shows I'm used to seeing.  Plenty of songs get yelled, but at the Red Deer show Rico was probably shouted three times as much as any other song.  While I have heard the odd Rico request at BC shows it is far down the list of the commonly yelled songs.  It made me wonder if radio stations in each province had focused heavily on different MG singles, maybe Rico didn't get as much air time in BC where something like Sybolistic White Walls did. 

I went to a show once where this drunk girl behind me kept yelling "Apparitions". The whole time I'm just thinking, "Have you ever Matt Good-ed before, lady?" If there's one song he's going to play as a certainty .......

Reading all the repsonses shocked me, I've never gasped so many times in my life. The thing that has always kept me listening to Matthew Good, is how for the most part each record has it's own sound. So no matter my mood he has something that I can get in to, There's definately songs on each album I skip more than I listen too but over all he's the most consitant artist I've heard. 

That being said, Alabama Motel Room I almost always skip when going back to Last of the Ghetto Astronauts. It's like nails on a chalk board and banjo.

Guest jjazz
On 1/19/2006 at 6:29 PM, little miss sunshine said:

Gonna have to say North American for Life and *Fated*

WHAAAAATTTTT