Crusader

wild bill's part 2

Well I got an e-mail back from the Wild Bill's establishment, I don't think I'm allowed to post it up though but the blame game continues.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify Wild Bill's immediately by email at [email protected]. Thank you.

Yes, if you emailed Wild Bills you would have received an email. If not i guess you wont know what happened.

I just hope things work out okay before there is a big "squable"

Edited by danimal

That may be a good solution. It sounds like the majority of problems were caused by "drunken ruffians" that were messing around too much. Hopefully this is a lesson to protect the band from the audience and to try and keep the audience somewhat tame. I couldnt see myself going crazy at a Matt Good concert. I just want to enjoy the music, not act like a jackass. But i guess there are exceptions in this world ;)

Things like this have happened in the past right? Confrontations from people in the crowd? It must end somehow because it must really piss Matt off and the other fans who are just there to enjoy a good time. When drunkards mess around at a concert enough, no one ends up having a good time.

When will the madness end?

So here's what I got out of that e-mail. They implied that Mr. Good did not finish the full set, though as argued by many he played at least 11 songs. They also said that they weren't trying to point fingers at anyone but it seemed that way from what I read. I remian neutral at this point as I do not know what actually happened. I do believe though that alcohol was the main contributer to this incident. Some of the crowd was just rowdy.

I believe the whole lack of a better barrier was accidental and likely overlooked. Let's just leave this to the parties in question.

Of the three MG concerts I have been to: Two where all ages, there where alcoholic beverages served, but is a sectioned off area. The other was at a bar in Llyodminster. The show is Llyodminster was certainly more rowdy. The problem is, that the bar make money from selling beer (and such), so they try to sell as much as possible. But sometimes the amount of alcohol they sell is excessive. The problem is not beer, the problem is people. You don't have to drink to get drunk. That is an overwhelmingly popular north american past time. I have been know to drink, but I have never been drunk, and never plan to be.

Enough said.

The MG concerts I just went to were in a bar, but other then a few people yelling out unintelligent things everyone was really well behaved. No pushing or jumping around. Mostly everyone that I saw was just there to enjoy the show. Even if there was some sort of incident in the crowd the security was really tight and there was a barricade a few feet from the stage so Matt was completley safe.