davidedward

Where And When Did You First Hear Matthewgood

I was never really into listening to music, but i bought bst 7 and weapon is on it. I thought it was an alright song. Then I started wathcing music videos and saw catastrophe and i thought it was rather annoying. My friend was an avid mgb fan so I borrowed underdogs one day, and once again, it was just okay. Than he forced me to watch apparitions mv and I thought it was quite good. Than i heard Near Fantastica on the radio and I thought it was one of the best songs I had ever heard. So I started listening and mg(b) quickly became my favourite. not even close.

yeah i caught Anti-Pop on muchmusic in 2002, maybe 2001, and downloaded it along with Carmelina. that sat on my playlist for a loooong time. eventually i decided to get more Matt Good since those two songs seemed to last me so long. then Weapon came out, and i was 100% hooked.

i feel old

i saw the video for Everything Is Automatic, when it was new.

I dug it.

It wasn't until the video for Indestructible came out, I thought to definetly pick up Underdogs.

I bought that with a new stereo and the first Big Wreck.

It wasn't until Beautiful Midnight and I listened to the whole album on a trainride to Winnipeg that I really got into them(him).

Big Shiny Tunes 4 "Hello Time bomb" then bought Audio of Being, was an on/off listener for a while then got underdogs and now im addicted. (I still like Audio of being as my first or second fav. album. But of course it is extremely difficult to choose a fav album.)

Heard hello time bomb on much music when i could still get it on directv in the states. Then heard load me up and thought about getting the cd off amazon as an import. $30 was a lot for a band I'd never heard of but finally did it. Liked the cd a decent amount but the turning point for me was watching the strange days video. The song was okay till then but paired with the video made me an instant fanatic. Very powerful together, and made me start looking for earlier music from the band. Hooked ever since.

I heard some of Last of the Ghetto Astronauts from my bro and I thought it was alright... and then I saw the vid to EIA... I was interested so... I was able to pick up a used copy of Underdogs... and by the time I heard Prime Time Deliverance... OOOHHH I was hooked

EIS debuting on the MM Countdown at #27 I think is where I'm at. Though, I probably heard Symbolistic White Walls on the radio beforehand, I can't remember.

My brother's friend actually sold me his copy of Underdogs in 98 just when Indestructible was declining popular-wise, oh yes, for $2! I guess he hated them. A year later, I bought BM the day it hit the shelves and I finally picked up Ghetto a few months later.

A side note, I was actually disappointed when I bought Loser Anthems the day it came out. I only really liked Flashdance II and My Life As A Circus Clown at the time--go figure.