davidedward

Where And When Did You First Hear Matthewgood

Someone at my job (i was having a very long shift alone during a week-end night shift) borowed me Underdogs (about when it came out)... i really liked it... then about a week after i bought it... my fav at that time was EIA (no matt video in quebec though)..

later on i bought BM when it came out and i was absolutely hooked... folowed by AOB... i was so sad when the band broke up until when i expected it the less i saw Avalanche at FutureShop... MY GOD, he's back!!! Avalanche really made me the hardcore fan i now am... show had already passed though, os i just attended to the WLRRR and the Coma tour.

If i would never had borowed that cd i don't know if i would be in here (Matt never play on radio/video here)

P.S. I bought LOTGA only between Avs and Coma.... and i only heard to his previous stuff (pre-mgb) until the latest week... which is a hidden tresure for me!

Edited by Sim

I heard "Everything is Automatic" on the radio back in 1997 and I was really impressed with the lyrics. Radio music in the late 90s was really poppy and superficial. I was impressed that there was a song on the radio that had some substance. That and I was getting out of my punk rocker phase, so hearing a rock band with an anti-corporation message helped ease the transition.

I saw the video Everything is automatic and i was considering to buy the cd. But after that i heard Apparition, i taped it (yeah i had a VCR) watched it a 1000 times and bought the CD. Since then, i'm a huge fan.

Big Shiny Tunes 4 "Hello Time bomb" then bought Audio of Being, was an on/off listener for a while then got underdogs and now im addicted. (I still like Audio of being as my first or second fav. album. But of course it is extremely difficult to choose a fav album.)

same here man my sis gave me big shiny tunes for my birthday, and then i bought beautiful midnight instead. i was in grade 5 or 6.

i feel old

i saw the video for Everything Is Automatic, when it was new.

I dug it.

It wasn't until the video for Indestructible came out, I thought to definetly pick up Underdogs.

i'm in the same boat. I don't feel old though. Everything Is Automatic was on the radio & MuchMusic, as was Indestructible. When Apparitions came out i finally decided to buy Underdogs. I really liked it.

Then i borrowed LOTGA from a friends' brother and i totally fell in love with that album and have bought every MG album since.

A friend of mine gave me a copy Promotion from Beautiful Midnight. He also gave me promotionstuff from 20 other bands. He worked for universal that time.

I switched in the CD and listened the first time to "giant".

After that i switched in all the other CD's but had to retourn to Matthew Good Band.

Universal wanted him to conquer Europe and my friend wanted me to pre-listen to him.

Five days later he phoned me. He told me to come to the Matthew Good Band Gig in Hamburg. He said, there is defenitly no excuse: i have to see him.

So I went downtown to see him.

I have just listened to this one song: "giant"!. My opinion on that day was: Matthew Good is not able to top giant - so I do not have to listen to the rest.

Back to the club: They started the show with the Cheerleadingtunes and made one of the best gigs I have ever seen!. (Just the legendary Peter Gabriel was better).

The Club was packed and I was only able to see Dave Genn. I thought that Dave Genn is Matthew Good! He was so brilliant that day! I thought: That is that kind of the band, the guitarist is the leader! Like Mike Oldfield or so.

On that day, I discovered the future of Rock'n Roll !

I will never forget that gig!

Home again, I switched on Matthew Good Band again - and have listened many many times to his tunes until now. His music is always fresh and I'll never get fed up with it.

A friend of mine bought beautiful midnight for 5 bucks and i saw bored one night so I started listening. I loved it and downloaded a few from the cd but never went from there. Then a year or so later after hear aleart status red I downloaded more then I just feel in love. Now i love every song that he has and im still on the lookout for demos and the older work.

People I know online would discuss him. I got curious and asked where I should start. Two weeks later, Amazon.ca sent me Avalanche and it didn't leave the player for a long time. I'm only now discovering his back catalog, and apparently he's kicked ass for quite some time now.

My mom must have heard something by him on the radio and downloaded a few songs, because my first exposure was a bunch of years ago to Heather's Like Sunday, Born to Kill and Truffle Pigs. I loved all of them and went on a downloading spree, loved everything I found and went on a CD buying spree. I remember Push, A Better Pain, and Casual Walks were my theme songs for that entire summer.

I liked Hello Time Bomb and Load me Up when they came out, but I never bought any CD's or anything like that. My brother bought Audio of Being when it came out and I listened to it whenever we drove in his car. And then Matt played at the Stampede and I decided to go see it since I always like the songs I had heard, and he played Near Fantastica, I bought every CD of his the next day.

My first exposure came from MuchMusic (which I had just gotten) showing "Strange Days". I was shocked at just how well the medium was used, and it was a great song as well. Then I saw "the Future is X-Rated" and was hooked. I was lucky to see the AOB vids on Much as well.

I think the very first song I heard (that I could recognize as MG) was 'In a World called Catastrophe' on the radio. His Voice blew me away and I liked the song, but didn't think much of it (or him) until I started dating this guy with amazing taste in music. He totally broadened my horizons of music. He's the reason I'm not only a huge fan of Matt, but a fan of Music.

Sorry this is a little mushy, it's valentines

Funny story, I had asked my sister to buy me a Dave matthew's band cassette. I liked that song (don't drink the water) or whatever it was called. So I gave her $10. She went to HMV and came back with MGB Underdogs. I was like who are these guys, listened to them saw Apparitions on much music and the rest is history. The best mistake ever.

I heard LOTGA playing in the foot locker in my local mall when I was 13, and asked my sister's bf (the guy who was working in the footlocker) what it was, he said he just bought it next door...and me thinking he was really cool, followed in his footsteps then I realized the cd didnt suck