davidedward

Where And When Did You First Hear Matthewgood

I remember hearing 'load me up' on the radio and it just got stuck in my head. So i downloaded it, and also downloaded 'apparitions', a song that i really liked but had only heard a couple times and didn't know who it was by. It was enough to make me go out and buy the cd. Since those two songs were on different cds i decided to buy both (BM & Underdogs). I remember thinking, "i hope these aren't the only good songs on the cd's." After i listned to both cd's a couple times i was hooked, and have been ever since.

The first time I heard Matt Good was Everything is Automatic on MuchMusic. From then on I didn't mind his music, but didn't really give it much thought. It wasn't until I started dating a guy in 2004 who adored Matt Good that I really got into him. He always made me listen to Matt Good and I in turn got hooked. Now I can't get enough of him. When I say he's all I listen to, I'm not kidding. I'm sitting at my desk at work right now with the little audio player on his website going.

i saw the EIA vid and loved it but then forgot about it for like 3 years until my bro bought the audio of being cd then we went out and got every mg cd that week and have gotten every one to date (excluding the demos which are tapes and not cds)

I believe Apparitions was the first MG song i heard. Loved it. Loved everything I ever heard from him on much music. I remember having mix CD's with load me up, strange days and everything is automatic on em. But throughout that whole time, I was primarily into hip hop (probably in grade 10-11 at the time), and never really got into the music as much as I should have. What a little idiot i was. Anyway, my first year out of highschool, in late 2002, I heard weapon on the radio while driving one night. I was like "wow". I bought avalanche the day it came out. Haven't looked back since.

Lucky for me, i grew up on the New York/Ontario border, so we had Canadian radio(because american radio sucks). The first mgb song i remember hearing is hello timebomb; the first 5 seconds totally blew my mind and from then on i was hooked.

"Tic tic tic tic tic... I found me a reason"

Was enough?

Well, When I was like 8 I remember hearing Apparitions and Load Me Up and such and my bro's listened to them and such. And, then last year (13 then) I was in Bermuda and I heard Load Me Up on the digital cable music channels. Went home, remembered that I wanted to download some stuff. And here I am with all the albums and such. And now my brothers ask if Matt's paying me, and if I'm gonna get some black-rimmed glasses. But, I sent one of my bro's Rooms and Avalanche(we both play guiatr, but he is in ontario, so we play over webcam) but he hasn't had time to listen to them yet.Who know's maybe I'll get him addicted. He likes singing "Appaaaariiitions" and he's playing strange days so I'm making progress! ;) :angry:

a friend of mine wanted to see him live when we were 13.. summer 2001 i think. i'd hadn't listened to much mgb, but she wasn't allowed to go to the concert alone so i did her the favour. bought beautiful midnight a couple weeks later, haven't looked back.

Was really young and not really into a lot of music.. Heard Apparitions and thought it was a decent song. Then I heard Hello Time Bomb a few years later and I was really into music by this time and I thought it was pretty good. I downloaded that and Apparitions 'cause I liked it and then got BM. Listened to that and have been hooked from that point.