Azalroth

Opera Web Browser...

http://www.opera.com/

I just downloaded and installed this web browser onto my laptop last night. It's quiet the web browswer, uses up less resources than Firefox but has all the same features and more. Fully customizable, you can re-route your emails to it (POP, IMAP, etc) using multiple accoutns, you can set it so that when you close the browswer and reopen it that it starts where you left off. A nice feature is when you press F11 like you would in any browser, it just doesn't make the Nav bar smaller, takes it out completely making use of the whole monitor for the Browser Window. Obviously this would create a problem with amature users, but for more techno-savvy inclined users, it's awesome. A new feature coming out is the ability to use it as a BitTorrent client, the torrents will show up in the download manager.

Try it out for a bit, it's free so why not.

enjoying IE??? is that like "enjoying gouging your own eyes out with a toothpick"

no jest, I hate IE. Not because it's a bad browser but because it breaks all the rules, and since so many people use it then we all just live in microsoft world because of it...

Well, IE is necessary to have because some sites don't allow for anything else.

well then that's their loss...IE blows chunks.

itchy: My IE and FF don't autohide...so I didn't know that some do. Although I just realized the one at work does...should do that to a couple clients that'd confuse them a lot.

Well, IE is necessary to have because some sites don't allow for anything else.

well then that's their loss...IE blows chunks.

itchy: My IE and FF don't autohide...so I didn't know that some do. Although I just realized the one at work does...should do that to a couple clients that'd confuse them a lot.

It's probably more necessary for me than most people, because my line of work requires to me to pass chemical and hazardous material safety exams every couple of months, and only IE is supported on the site where the exams are taken.

I just downloaded and installed this web browser onto my laptop last night. It's quiet the web browswer, uses up less resources than Firefox but has all the same features and more. Fully customizable, you can re-route your emails to it (POP, IMAP, etc) using multiple accoutns, you can set it so that when you close the browswer and reopen it that it starts where you left off. A nice feature is when you press F11 like you would in any browser, it just doesn't make the Nav bar smaller, takes it out completely making use of the whole monitor for the Browser Window. Obviously this would create a problem with amature users, but for more techno-savvy inclined users, it's awesome. A new feature coming out is the ability to use it as a BitTorrent client, the torrents will show up in the download manager.

You're about 10 years behind the cool people...

You're about 10 years behind the cool people...

right....if you say so ;)