Who's better?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who's better?

• Broken Social Scene
    • The Arcade Fire

wow hostility witht he music bands...sheesh. I personally really like Linkin Park, then again I'm a huge rock fan so they appeal to that side of me. You an make fun of me for it if you like, just to let ya know it's not going to bother me in the least...

Arcade Fire isn't bad....not my fav though and not really my style of music.

I must agree with 'J'

I've liked linkin park for a while. In fact the only thing I dislike about them is that they've lost their edge while playing live. But that pretty much always happens after a while. No, I take that back. It could get Insanely good or bad.

P.S. After reading all of this I can't vote. I might get shot.

i dont understand how linkin park's cover of nine inch nails' "wish" makes them any better musicians, especially since its pretty by the numbers. the song is good, and when you cover it without making changes, it's probably going to remain that way. another example would be mariyln manson's version of "personal jesus" or even NIN's version of "dead souls".

linkin park arent a bad band or bad musicians, they just lack scope. musically they know what they're doing and write pretty tight songs. they're very good in the studio that way, but they don't say anything, and thats why i choose not to listen to them. i did for awhile, but they seem to be better at flogging the same two albums than they are about breaking out of the mold that they're so comfortable in.

at times, they have moments of glory, their song "session" from meteora comes to mind. i'm not saying that they need to make more experimental blip music and isolate a lot of their fans, but they could be doing a lot more than capitalizing on people's enjoyment of mashups, etc. etc.

they're in a good place where they can push a lot of boundaries, but they aren't doing it and it dissapoints me.

Have you listened to some of the lyrics when it comes to the album "Meteora", I've come to finally just listen to the lyrics lately (in my bout of depression) and they actually suit Depression and anger. They do tell a bit of a story. No they aren't political, or have a hidden message (to my knowledge) but they are still good musicians. I would LOVE nothing more than to see a new album by them, I'm actually craving new music by them with the same style...but I'd be a little apprehensive to new music incase they bomb out. Either way they are a good band and just need to get themselves back into it again.

better poll would've been which one is more overrated.. 100% arcade fire.

have you listened to them or are you too busy listening to POD and linkin park? YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED, SATTY.

i cried.

ps this thread is stupid.

linkin park ahve a cover of Wish, by Nine Inch Nails that is so amazing.

the words 'amazing' and 'linkin park' should never be used in the same sentence, my sweetest dan.

unless you are saying something along the lines of "it is amazing that a band can suck as much as linkin park does".

;)

Here is a link for your reference:

http://s52.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0AUPI51...5U0DRP10P7WQE34

i personally love the way he sings the last chorus and i don't care if it is just a bigger version of NIN's origianl, i still love it.

And as for politics, they don't make a break a song.

not the worst thing i've heard, but like the people said,

it's not their song.

the band did a good job on the music, the voice leaves much to be desired. chester's hot, in that satty-if-he-were-a-rockstar way, but unfortunately it doesn't help my opinion of linkin park as a whole.