glo

Do You Learn To Like Spicy Food?

Do You Learn to Like Spicy Food?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Learn to Like Spicy Food?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends...

at first i dind't like it, but then i started having spicy foods and just enjoyed the taste better.

i don't like it to be spicy like indian food. fuck my buddy is Indian and he had me try this one thing i can't remember what its called but i know the second word is Popper. Man he was crying while eating his and he's Indian so i was fucked. they eat some pretty hot/spicy shit. some of the food they make i've smelt and its enough to make my eyes and nose start running.

jsut me rambling...sorry...

It all depends, really.

First of all, the type of spice. There are different kinds of spice. There's the wasabi hot flavour, and there's the kind from hot peppers, chili peppers, you know. I will never learn to like wasabi. Hot peppers (provided it's not so strong), I can deal with, especially since my dad seems to like using them in pasta. Chili peppers don't bother me. Nor hot sauce.

It's all in how you're raised, as well. I come from an Italian background, so I'm not entirely unused to spice. I have my limits, though.

I find it noteworthy that the first two people of this thread have avatars of small dogs in food casings.

That's too funny! I would never have noticed that. Thanks for the observeance! ;)

Spicy food rocks. A good memory of mine involves me and my 4 best friends all gathered around at Montana's eating their suicide wings. As we were eating them, sweat was literally pouring down our faces and tears were streaming down our cheeks. Good stuff.

There is some medical name for it. I was diagnosed with it when I was a kid, and my tongue sometimes breaks out when I have the wrong things, nuts being one of them (insert gay joke here).

Although I like to think that even if I was remotely normal I would hate spicy food.

Awesome! There is someone else. I like to think of it as a mature palate (sp?. How can you appriciate the taste of the food when your mouth is burning off?

Part of it is not finding spicyness uncomfortable, thus no feeling of mouth-burning pain. It's just another property of some types of food; if it's burying the taste with unimaginable agony you're using too much.

.....You like to think of it as a mature palate?

Awesome! There is someone else. I like to think of it as a mature palate (sp?. How can you appriciate the taste of the food when your mouth is burning off?

Part of it is not finding spicyness uncomfortable, thus no feeling of mouth-burning pain. It's just another property of some types of food; if it's burying the taste with unimaginable agony you're using too much.

.....You like to think of it as a mature palate?

A "mature palate" appreciates the taste of red wine.