little miss sunshine

Too Sad For Words

Hey Guys,

I had posted the other day in "Guys Crying" about my mom having an aneurysm. Thank you for the good wishes you sent. Unfortunately, luck wasn't on our side. She died on Wednesday.

Before things turned bad, we did have a few good days with her in the week that she was in the ICU and I made sure to kiss her and tell her that I loved her every time I saw her. This is the hardest thing I have ever had to go through and I really don't know how to deal with this.

I just wanted to let you guys know so that you could just think some happy thoughts for my family. Especially my dad. She was his life.

I'll be around once in a while but we have tonnes of stuff to take care of now and I still need to try and keep on top of my school work.

Beth

My deepest sympathies for you and your family. I remember losing my grandparents on my mum's side and never getting to tell them I loved them before it happened, it was a good thing you did.

Same thing here. You never quite realize how cool grandparents are until you don't have them anymore.

i don't know what to say because i've never had that happen to me. but after reading that, it jus made me sad. what can i say? sorry for your lose? i don't know..

i know that it'll be along time til you feel better, and i hope you and your father are really close because you both need each other. i am sad to hear this. it must be hard to lose someone that you love. i may edit this because i don't know if i like what i wrote. i don't want it to sound really badly.

Thanks for all your well wishes. The funeral was today and it really wasn't as hard as I thought is would be. I know, I'm probably still in shock and it will hit me hard soon. Not looking forward to that.

I just wanted to add something I hadn't originally posted. After we knew that it was just a matter of time, we decided on organ donation. Her heart went to a 52 year old man who if he didn't get her heart that day, he wouldn't have made it through the night. Also, her kidneys, pancreas and liver went to 3 other people.

I sincerely urge you all to speak with your loved ones about any wishes about organ donation that you have. My mother was healthy and we never expected this to happen. It comes as such a shock and as cliche as it sounds, it really does help to know that she was able to help someone else. Otherwise, she would have just died with nothing good coming from it.

Beth

P.S - tell the people you love that you love them everyday.

Hi Beth. It's nice to have you back after a few days away, and it's nice to see you're still in decent shape.

It was a wonderful decision to donate the organs. When my driver's licence was mailed to me, it came with an organ donor's card, but I didn't sign it for some reason. It's extremely heartwarming to see that a man's life was saved, though.

P.S. Beth - we <3 you.