Prometheon

Check Out My Band! Featuring Songs By...

My band and I recently got together and jammed for a bit in my basement and we recorded it on minidisk. The good news is some of them turned out OK, the bad news is that the recorder stopped working halfway, so the stuff I'm putting up is our 'warm up' if you will.

The line up is:

Me (Owen) on the drums, and lead vocals in Triploi

Dana on piano, guitar, trumpet and lead vocals

Matt on lead guitar and backup vocals in Triploi and One More Night

Stacey on backup guitar/piano/vocals/whatever we need.

Anyway, check it out and lemmie know what you think:

Tripoli (acoustic): http://s65.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1CSM031...RR2L08UGHNUFTQ2

Ok, this one turned out like shit. Matt was doing backup with me and he really shouldn't have. I'm not saying I'm a better singer than him, but he just threw us both off like hell.

Funky Song: http://s65.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2RG63WX...R70L88IERGG7LQX

I have no idea what this song is called, but it sounds really cool and I like it a lot. It was my first time hearing it that day, and thus my drum beat is improvised to say the least. It actually turned out ok, though is a bit repetitive, like the song itself. I start spicing it up a bit after 3:30, but the song ends shortly after unfortunately.

One More Night: http://s65.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=06OREGO...FF18FCIT97IR007

This song is originally by Stars, and I really like this version of it. The one problem is that the vocals aren't loud enough, which kinda blows. All in all though, I like this song, and I love our improvised rockin ending. My guitarist fucking owned it.

Pictures of Success: http://s38.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1B8HDWX...493TD54YLCY6XTR

This one is decent. A few level problems (various instruments are too quiet in certain parts of the song), and I go off time for about 4 seconds in the middle when I forget to do my stick tappy thing during one of the pauses. Other than that it's decent and I like it.

Science vs. Romance and Roxanne: http://s38.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2RUD4J8...S52Y4UZZXNLL4HF

A similar song to the above one, Science vs. Romance turns out very well, though we get in a small fight about the ending (this is noticeable from about 4:15). I was right if you must know, they just messed up a little and confused all of us. Other than that I like it a lot. The Roxanne thing at the end is a total joke, but it's a very nice highlight of Dana's voice and I reccomend listening for that reason alone.

Does He Love You?: http://s54.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0I7P12T...YX0X6URRU0VPRV9

This turns out fucking amazing. I love it. You have to ignore the two parts where the drums just....stop. Before we started playing she told me to 'bring it down' during those parts, and when we got there, it was so quiet I just stopped entirely. The drumming in other parts is pretty spiffy in my humble opinion and I feel it makes up for the minor misunderstanding.

pictures of success and science vs romance are two of my favoritest rilo kiley songs and you guys certainly do them justice. i'm surprised and delighted and i adore this girl's voice and the music sounds wonderful and really, awesome job, sir. just awesome.

ps i totally agree with you, that dude singing with you on tripoli needs to hush his face

Edited by mrs jesus

Yeah, it'll only open in iTunes.

They also open in Winamp 5.

Listening to Tripoli right now. My only complaint is that the lyrics should be louder, the music drowns them out. I like it though. You are right about the two voices, but it's not necessarily a bad thing. It's just different ;)

Science vs Romance is well done as well. You guys are awesome.

I'll listen to the others when it's not bedtime.

Wow, thanks a lot. I knew you were a big Rilo Kiley fan,so to get your approval means a lot.

Edit: The 'Funky Song' is called Taylor

you're very welcome, and i was serious, you guys really did an awesome job. i don't usually even like cover songs but you did them so well.

;)

Yeah, I have an insane crush on Dana's voice. I remember hearing her sing 2 years ago and knowing I had to jam with her. A few months ago she finally relented and here we are. I'll be sure to pass on your compliments to her. She's pretty modest so it'll make her happy.

As for me singing, meh. I'm ok I guess. I took vocals for a few years before I fell in love with drumming. Hopefully I'll do a few more songs without such bad backup next time we jam. As for the tab, next time we have a band meeting, I'll try and grab it for ya. I remember it being a pretty simple progression though. Also, we need a band name! Any good ideas? My current frontrunner is Disastrophe, but it sounds a little...I dunno. Not really representative of the genre of music we play.

Thanks a lot for all of the positive comments guys, you've really made my day.

Edited by Prometheon

Here's a pic of Dana (she's in the middle) and Matt.

Edit: Or not...hold on, I WILL make this work.

Edit again: Guess I can only have 1 at a time, since they're not linked to a url. tres bizarre. Anyways, here's Matt:

post-6-1141370903.jpg

Edited by Prometheon