Prometheon

How Have Your Musical Tastes Evolved?

the first CD i ever bought was So much for the Afterglow by Everclear, i was a hardocre fan of theres in the late 90's. i listened to a lot of Bush X/Bush, and alternative stuff during those days, then found greenday, and loved them until 2 years ago. after greenday i listened to still a lot of alternative, and rock, like i do today, like the wallflowers, and junk.

i listened to matt good since i first heard everything is automatic, and its still one of my faves .lots of barenaked ladies growing up. they are so fun, good hang out music and good clean stuff to grow up to.

i never liked rap, or country (except for liek2 monthts during the summer when i was in love with this chick) basically i stil listen to the same stuff today.

in grade 10 one of my best friends introduced me to Blue Rodeo. i have been in love ever since. they are my fave band of all time. hands down. i then started listening to lots of folk rock, and just freaking good rock. i listen to mostly music by guys, and with good guitars, fast or slow. its all good. tragcailly hip is sweet. sloan, RHCP is a new HUGE fave of mine, i alwasy thought they were kinda weird until this latest album, but now i love em.

i do NOT regret listening to Nickelback, i still love em, but they need a new album their singles got old fast, i like the hard fast paced junk.

Ok

So I actually started out pretty late listening to real music, around grade 11 or 12 in highschool, before that all I knew was that I hated everything everyone else listened to, so mostly I listened to classical music, or nothing at all. I still listen to classical sometimes, good relaxing stuff.

As for rock, I started getting into bands like the Barenaked Ladies and Goo Goo Dolls, but that faded really quick and I never listen to either anymore, but those led to an obcession with Matthew Good which has continued since.

Late in highschool my friend introduced me to some other bands like ...And You Will Know Us By The Trail of Dead, Rival Schools, and such. I also listened to a bit of Radiohead then, but surprisingly I didn't think they were very special, and that faded until I found a copy of OK Computer at a garage sale a few years ago, and I've been hooked since. I also started liking punk music somewhere in there.

Of late I try to find good indie and punk acts acts that are underrated, so most of the bands I like a lot are:

Matthew Good (Band), Smashing Pumpkins, Tragically Hip, Radiohead, And You Will Know Us By the Trail of Dead, Rise Against, Hot Water Music, The Lawrence Arms, Rival Schools, The Constantines, The Weakerthans, Broken Social Scene, Convoj, Sanseiru, Logh, Soundrak, Worthless United, Shoulder, and a few others I'm sure I'm forgetting to list.

and I also like The Refrshments, sue me.

Ok

Of late I try to find good indie and punk acts acts that are underrated, so most of the bands I like a lot are:

Matthew Good (Band), Smashing Pumpkins, Tragically Hip, Radiohead, And You Will Know Us By the Trail of Dead, Rise Against, Hot Water Music, The Lawrence Arms, Rival Schools, The Constantines, The Weakerthans, Broken Social Scene, Convoj, Sanseiru, Logh, Soundrak, Worthless United, Shoulder, and a few others I'm sure I'm forgetting to list.

and I also like The Refrshments, sue me.

Someone else knows who Roberto LoRusso is? I can't decide if he's a better musician or teacher.

Also, I started to really get into music when I was in Grade 6. Yeah, grade six. During that grade, I started to obsess over it and went into making top 30 countdowns of the week's popular rock songs--the sad thing is that I haven't stopped. 492 weeks in a row and still counting...

Edited by Shortcut To Moncton

ick.. my story started out bad in the 80s, was followed by a some horrible incidents involving a Reba Mcentire concert and an enjoyment of (icanhardlysayit) rap music. I think I was influenced too much by those around me in the beginning.

I turned out (surprisingly) okay though....

right now it's all about Matt Good (obviously)I first saw Matt in 1999 and have loved him since i first heard 'generation X wing'),I'm a longtime Nirvana fan, I enjoy alot of 60s/70s music: The Beatles(my daughter is named after a Beatles album),Led Zepplin,The Doors etc. I tend to be kind of a hippie, so I guess thats why. I find Modest Mouse, Sneaker Pimps,Mars Volta,Portishead,Radiohead to be ingenious. I love Canadian music..mainly Sam Roberts, Tegan and Sara, Matt Good and The Tragically Hip. I've been known to listen to anything from Norah Jones to Devandra Banhart(if you haven't have of this guy, you must google him). so yeah i guess thats

Someone else knows who Roberto LoRusso is? I can't decide if he's a better musician or teacher.

I hope that means he's a really good teacher, because I think he's a really good musician. I only met him once, I ordered his CDs by e-mailing him on the Sanseiru page, and he ended up dropping them off in person a few days later, and both are excellent. I know he teaches Physics at St. Mary's though.

I started a thread about Sanseiru a long time back, but no one listened to me, so I gave up, oh well.

Forgot to mention, I also like the Broadways, add that to my list in the previous post.

My parents have always been into music and from tmy birth to age 10 they were part of the columbia music company. My first Cd was Clumsy by OLP, I still have it and it is the only OLP album I like . I bought Beautiful Midnight, The Crystal Method and Batttle For Los Angles in one day. Today I love A Perfect Circle, Rage Against the Machine. Matt Good takes the honor of being the best (to the point of obsession) but L liek anything that hasa polical (left) mentality.

Growing up in a family with much older siblings, when I was just getting into music, it was alot of classic rock. From Pink Floyd, to Led Zep, to early Black Sabbath. As time went on I moved on to move progressive music, early Yes, early Genesis, and Steve Hackett.

Then when grunge came around, my sister really got me hooked on Pearl Jam, they were a mix of new rock with some classic rock mixed in. I really connected with the music. Then the post grunge era took place, and that is when I found Matthew Good Band, and fell in love with them.

There was a time where i was in Jam Bands, esp Phish, and moe. (who is a jam band/jazz fusion), I really liked the expermental music Phish had played, and found myself going more expermental,with bands like Radiohead and Wilco.

Now my music has shifted again, to sounds like Sloan, and Sam Roberts, and Matt Mays. A more mature polished sound I say.