Moonlight_Graham

Visitsed The Canadian War Museum In Ottawa

it was cool, spent the afternoon there. I recommend people to check it out at least once if you live in Ottawa or visit there.

Cool stuff i saw:

Hitler's car - (a big black topless Mercedes Benz he stood up in during motorcade's etc. Had a bunch of bullet-holes in the passenger seat window he sat in).

old-school AK-47 gun (you could hold it)

A nuclear bomb

Piece of burnt roof from a house that was hit by the a-bomb in Hiroshima

Piece of the Berlin Wall

A big vintage WWII Nazi flag

U-Boat torpedo (holy shit those are HUGE!)

A ton of different tanks (incl. Sherman Tank)

Lots of old war medals, including the Victoria Cross

Every war uniform imaginable

Tons of old guns: muskets, swords, bayonets from War of 1812 etc., grenades, German Luger from WWII

I vote we rename the thread "My Canadian War Museum is Huge" and see how many replies it gets.

I wish we had places like that here in the U.S. Hitler's car? That whole place would've made my spine tingle. Thanks for the information. When I go (flee) to Canada, I will visit. If you're ever in New York, I suggest going to the American Museum of Natural History at least once. They usually have a cool exhibit you can see (this month, it was Darwin).

one thing i wish they had at the canadian war museum is just a hall for all the people who won the Victoria Cross, i think it would be kinda cool, sorta like a hall of fame of canadian war hero's.