Guest some guy

Wooo First Apartment.

Guest apsham

Alright, so starting university next year I set out on a quest with my best friend to find an apartment. Much cheaper and convient than living on campus from what I hear, especially with the small size of Saint Thomas dorms. Anyways, we think we've finally found our place. It's not that much of a dream house.

It's a basement apartment of this rundown white house, the only house apartment on the whole road from what I can tell and it's on the party street, where this apparently happens from time to time in the middle of the road.

499_image_2.jpg

Funny story, the students actually criticized the fire department for taking too long to put out the fire.

But it's only ten minute walk from campus and I'd only have to pay 375 a month for my part, so it's nothing too bad. I'm excited, a bit. But I still wish we found a better place. Maybe it won't be so bad once the stoner slob living in it does a cleanup.

EDIT: Oh yeah, for those who know the city of Fredericton, it's on Graham Ave.

Edited by Shotgun Wedding

Whoa you're on Graham Avenue now?

Do you need another roomate because i need a hole to call a home asap (pronounced eh-sap) and i can't find anyone around to go in with me.

Guest apsham

I'm not living there right now, it's where we're going in September. The place is only two bedrooms in the basement, and it's the only place we could find thanks to there being two of us only. I could talk to Jon about finding a nicer, three bedroom place if possible. Althought it's probably a long shot.

Edited by Shotgun Wedding

Yeah, i could commit to something right now, as i am staying with a (now former) friend right now ahaha, but September, who knows where i'll be. I have to find something sooner than that.

Are you signing a lease?

Guest apsham

Yeah, that's what is most likely going to happen. I don't know if you'd be able to stand my friend though, he's a bodybuilding freak with an annoying girlfriend (at times) and an on-off relationship with her.

we've all got our quirks.

I am not a bodybuilding freak, so to speak, but i excercise excessively at times.

It's up to you guys, and even then we'd have to work it out. The only thing i've gathered is that the more people you have paying in, the better the place you can get.

i have a serious job and i'm at no risk of being fired. i'm more likely to run the place ahaha

i'm at STU already, i have money too. i'm just waiting for an opportunity.

Guest apsham

I was just about to ask that actually, nice. I got the 'rents back me up a bit, but my job at the sawmill has allowed me to save up enough to at least cover some of it, and groceries.

ah i remember my first apartment, word of advice, make one day a week a cleaning day so you know it will get done and there wont be any bitching between the two of you. other then that, if you get along, everything should be good.

Guest apsham

Oh yeah Dan, if you end up living with me and Jon, his woman has agreed to clean the place. Sad, yes. But convient.

No but really, she did offer.

Just to butt in here, if you guys REALLY want money and you're not moving in until september, I suggest you work in the oilpatch. You make AMAZING money. I worked in a field related to oil (supplying the rigs with chemicals) and made good money, but you'd make more if you were on the rigs themselves. Plus you'd be in the best shape of your life.

Guest apsham

Do we even have oil rigs in eastern Canada? I'm working at the sawmill, it's not glamorous but it's decent paying. Jon got fired from it for drinking on the job, and then he got a job at a convience store which closed down. Good thing his family is loaded.

You move to Western Canada and live in a camp, free rent, free food...good deal. When I was up there, there were like 4 people from BC (where I was working), 1 from Alberta (me) and like 30 from New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Newfoundland.

Edited by Ravenous Yasa

party houses are the best first places to live... because when you move out on your own and all your stuff is yours, it stays mint for years. any bachelor who lives in a super clean house used to live in a party house.

Maybe I should go for Saugeen-Maitland if I get into Western...

Actually, no, I want to live in a rather quiet place. If I'm in the mood for it, I can always seek out partying at pretty much any university, but I can't always seek out peace and quiet in the same room I plan to sleep in.

the bar at UBC is called 'the pit'. i'm pretty sure it's a cafeteria turned bar... i ended up there one night and there in the middle of the empty dance floor stood a drunk/stonedonwhatever guy doing a TERRIBLE drunk variation of the robot.. for all to see. i hadnt seen that many flash bulbs going off since the symphony of fire.

Guest apsham

A lot of people here are going out west sadly, I hate watching it happen because they go over there to get money for college and end up blowing it all having fun.

You move to Western Canada and live in a camp, free rent, free food...good deal. When I was up there, there were like 4 people from BC (where I was working), 1 from Alberta (me) and like 30 from New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Newfoundland.

i saw an ad at STU wanting homies to go to northern BC to plant trees. $100 - $400 a day depending on what you get done.

I am really thinking about going out west. What does an oil rig postion entail? What do you do? last thing i want to do is get 5000 KM from home and hate what i do for 12 hours a day.

And food-wise, i'm a vegetarian, and i imagine there;s been like three there before. Is a vegetarian oil worker an oxy-moron?