Dan #2

Does 'warming Up' Constitute Drinking Alone?

i was on my way to a party friday night, and the bus stop was like a twenty minute walk from the house, so i busted open my pint and took a few swigs, and then it struck me that i was drinking alone.

Thoughts and or opinions?

well, it is not like i havent done it, i find a nice night cap helps me to fall asleep, and i have been having trouble sleeping lately, maybe i should have one tonight.

I was meaning doing a few shots right before getting to the party, but i know what you mean.

I read recently that a study was conducted and alcohol makes you sleep, but it effects your REM and fucks with the amount of actual rest you get.

What's wrong with drinking by yourself?

I can understand getting piss drunk by yourself... but having a beer or two isn't really "drinking".

I blame the North American allergy to (and obsession with) alcohol.

'Warming Up' (or predrinking as we call it here) is definately not drinking alone. You're on your WAY somewhere else, so c'mon. I think the whole alcoholic drinking alone thing only applies if you STAY alone, and if you get hammered.

And Adam, yes, yes it does. Especially if they get louder the more you drink.

I don't see the point in predrinking. You get drunk faster when you don't predrink.

I like being that asshole who is too damned loaded (and far too early in the evening) for his own good.

I am always that asshole, but as for getting drunk faster, i have found that i can drink up to a pint and a half over four or five hours, but if i drink like half a pint in less than half an hour, i don't get very drunk, but i get very sick. I'm not sure if this is my body trying to get it out due to a tolerance, or just the fact that i have a small stomach or something.

I also eat too much when i'm drinking.

I prefer to predrink when going to bars because I don't have to pay as much.

Yes ma'am, i learned that when i was in montreal.

I prefer to predrink when going to bars because I don't have to pay as much.

I am very low on monies at all times, therefore, predrinking is a must.

I also have a problem telling when I am way too wasted for my own good. By the time I realize I have had too much to drink, that time was about 3 drinks ago.

I got pretty drunk here in San Francisco the other night. I realized I was way too drunk when I thought to myself "man, i'm wasted but i should be grieving". Whatever, drinking cures all.

predrinking alone is ok because you're doing it on the basis that you will be drinking with people in the very near future.

plus its kind of fashionable to show up to a place solo and already be half cut. people take you more seriously. i, myself never go to party or any kind of social gathering without a couple of tanqueray 10 and 7s under my belt. totally relaxes me and takes the edge off.