Guest Prosis

A History Of Violence

Guest Prosis

This is totally a "we have a great story but have no idea how to end it" sort of movie. It was pretty good at first but I would have loved it if

SPOILER (Highlight to View)
he really wasn't Joey or he didn't remember his previous life or something more impressive

A bit disapointed....

Guest Prosis
its was great how Cronenberg took all the cliched action movie scenes (i.e. injuries from fighting, sex, etc.) and showed them like they are in real life.

That was nice though yes...

But it's hard to make a good cliche-less story with this kind of storyline but I was expecting more. You know, after the first hour of the movie when

SPOILER (Highlight to View)
Joey's brother calls him and he goes to Philadelphia, kills him, etc...
that was the part I thought was a bit boring...but before that I loved the movie!

I'm surprised at the sad review you guys have given this movie.I thought it completely lived up to the hype.

This movie was not supposed to be unpredictable or exciting. if that's what you were expecting - when the title is "A History of Violence"(for christ's sake) - than I understand why most of you don't like it.

The pace was perfect. All the "slow" parts were necessary in the development of the characters, unlike other movies Viggu Mortinsen has been in (LOTR). Don't confuse the word slow with uneventful. Just because shit wasn't flying everywhere like a John Wu movie doesn't make it boring, unless you're devoid of an attention span.

Does anyone else here understand how awsome Viggu mortinsens performance was? That was the best multiple personality performances I've ever seen. It's not easy to control such subtle differences and make the two personalities seem completely different. most actors would just whip on another accent and act dramatically different, which is boring, predictable and unbelievable.

William Hurt's performance might have even been better than Mortinsens. Do you have any idea how hard it is to act being "kind of drunk"?

The ending was fitting. If left the viewer wondering whether Mortinsen was one personality or the other, or a mixture of both.

The part that completely won me on the movie was the opening scene. It was perfectly slow-moving to the point where I was in agony trying to figure out what was going on (having not read the source material)

Absolutely loved this one. Just wish I wasn't so damn broke right now so I could buy it.

Then it would have just been a stock movie like anything else in hollywood... "let's have a surprise at the end that changes the whole movie!"

It didn't have to be a suprise ending, this ending however wasn't very exciting. The ending sufficed. I don't think it took anything away, but it didn't add anything either. I thought it was a decent movie, but not great.

I don't know how to add another quote so i'll just do it the old fashioned way - copy and paste:

"I thought it was a great movie. I thought the ending was fitting, but the sex scenes didn't really add much to the movie."

Haha, i'm just the opposite, i would've liked a different ending but i quite enjoyed the sex scenes. That woman's a piece. I may or may not have paused it after she got out of the shower

;)

I thought it was a great movie. I thought the ending was fitting, but the sex scenes didn't really add much to the movie.

The sex scenes I think were two of the most important scenes in the movie.

The first scene shows the love and fun that they have as a married couple, that they have their fantasies even after however many years marriage, that they still make the time for each other.

The scene on the stairs shows the duality of not only Viggo's character, but of Maria Bello's as well, showing that even though she despises the "Joey" half of Tom Stall for the violence that she witnessed, she has it in her to be violent as well, and I think it shows that everyone, on some level can be a violent person.