Sim

Accoustic Tour 2006 (merged)

The accoustic show start today in Alberta. ;)

On my side, i will attend the Montreal show on April 10th and bootleg will be available afterward.

Post infos on the show you attended.

- City, Date, sold out?, etc...

- Overall experience / comments / Matt (or Melissa) overall performance, etc...

- Setlist (as long as you can remember)

- Is Bootleg available (for trade/download?)

Also a question for showgoers!

I bought my ticket for the Calgary show and it wasn't until after paying the forty bucks that I realized the ticket said "no minors". I, of course, am a minor. However I have heard that they will not ID people at the door and they're supposed to do it when you purchase the tickets (which they did not do). I am super excited for this show and really want to figure out whether or not I'm even going to be able to get through the doors.

If anyone can shine some light on it--especially anyone from the U of C or a Calgarian who has gone to a no-minors show at the Mac Hall Ballroom before. Please help me out! ><

Whoever told you that they ID people when buying tickets and not at the door is completely off. That wouldn't stop people from buying tickets for underage friends and getting them in. They'll very likely be ID-ing at the door. Borrow an older friend's ID or scratch yours if you can, otherwise you're screwed.

The show in Lethbridge on the 20th was amazing he sang with so much passion. He told a few good stories, had a martini took some shots. The venue wasnt set up the best for seating and alot of people couldnt see the stage.

setlist: (not in order)

strange days

apparitions

in a world called catastrophy

prime time deliverance

tripoli

sort of a protest song

load me up

generation x-wing

fine art of falling apart

alert status red

little terror

breath of a nation

so long mrs. smith

(encore)

fated

indestructible

life beyond the minimal safe distance

cant get shot in the back

empty road

Edited by trufflepigs

Eff.

I've been trying to find an older friend's ID or get a fake but the clock is running down very fast and I really must find a way to get into this show. Anyone have any other suggestions? The lame part is, I don't even drink. Damn non-all-ages shows!

First Lethbridge show was amazing, matt looked sorta tired (half drunk maybe?) but was in good spirits. The venue wasn't the best but I was right up front and could see everything good. The show sold out so it was packed and I think most of the people there were pretty big matthew good fans. There was lots of shouts from the audience, requests...stuff like that.

Matt was amazing, even with just an acoustic guitar he was able to put on a very dynamic show. The set was as follows (I got the set list so this is exactly what matt wrote)

Strange

So Long/Terror

Breath of a nation (new)

Alert Status

Protest Song

Fine Art

Catastrophe

x-wing

tripoli

prime time

load

apparitions

There were only a few minutes inbetween the set and the encoure. This encoure was the best I've ever seen matt do, this was my 5th matthew good show and is probaly my faverout...I do say that after each one though. anyways, encoure was

fated

indestructible

life beyond the minimal safe distance

cant get shot in the back

empty road

Highlights were fated (he said it was the first performance in...6 years I think..) Life beyond the minimal safe distance, can't get shot in the back and so long mrs smith. The whole show was great. I'm going back tomorrow night so I'll probaly post again then...

tonights show wasn't as hot as mondays but it was still pretty fantastic. The set was pretty similar but with the addition of a few songs. He opened the night with avalanche...this was promising but the song just doesn't work well as an acoustic piece. He also sorta messed up load me up (he admited this after the song) which was a bummer because it was a highlight monday.

For the Encore he played symbolisitic white walls but only because the crowd was begging for it. He also started advertising on police cars but then stopped and played prime time deliverance instead.

Matt was once again in good spirits and took breaks between songs to satire some book that he was given that gives advice on how to survive differen't situations. He joked about once part of the book that said to pick your kid up if you were attacked by a mountain lion.

EDIT: no fated tonight...that was a major let down

Edited by Instant-Karma

He did play Hopeless and Buffalo Seven last night (but no Life Beyond, Indestructible or Fated). Hopeless actually worked quite well acoustic, which is really no surprise.

Edit: He also played Blue Skies Over Bad Lands, which he didn't play on Monday

Edited by jnak00

We want pictures, videos and mp3's!

*Why oh why I had to be born in this shithole called Israel?*

I will bootleg the one in Montreal... using omni stereo mic so the sound should be pretty good

For the love of God, I hope he plays Fated tonight, it was the first MG song I EVER learned how to play. Empty road as well. I remember him saying that Avalanche might not work so well acoustically, but I also hope that Life Beyond is played. I've loved THAT song since the first time I heard it.

Who's opening?

D

For the love of God, I hope he plays Fated tonight, it was the first MG song I EVER learned how to play.

Okay, where can i find a good tab for Fated?! I've found a couple but I don't think they are totally correct. (a bit off topic, sorry)