Sim

Accoustic Tour 2006 (merged)

I saw Matt in Buffalo three days ago and he was amazing. I was worried because supposedly he was sick in Kingston a few days before the show. But his voice was even more amazing than i remembered it when i saw him in October. I really like what he did with the acoustic renditions of "Symbolistic White Walls" and "Indestructible". One thing that did disappoint me was that he didnt play "Advertising On Police Cars". Other than that, it was an absolutely amazing show.

I saw Matt in Buffalo three days ago and he was amazing. I was worried because supposedly he was sick in Kingston a few days before the show. But his voice was even more amazing than i remembered it when i saw him in October. I really like what he did with the acoustic renditions of "Symbolistic White Walls" and "Indestructible". One thing that did disappoint me was that he didnt play "Advertising On Police Cars". Other than that, it was an absolutely amazing show.

I was worried about his illness, too, since it was a long drive and I was a little disappointed that AOPC wasn't played but Life Beyond The Minimum Safe Distance and that awesome acoustic version of Indestructible totally made it up for me.

The Montreal show last night was fantastic! Matt was in superb form, both vocally and mood-wise. His talks between the songs were very funny and gave some great insight into his world... The set list was great and I was very pleased that he played for so long - almost 2 hours. It was well worth being first in line for this one (2 hours before doors opened)! The opening 3 songs were played without a break and set a great tone for the show: Avalanche, Tripoli, Generation X-wing.

It was funny - he often did not stop playing between songs and the fans were not sure when to clap (me included)... in fact twice there was no clapping at all between songs because his transition from one to the other on the guitar was so smooth.

I can't wait for the next tour and I hope he does acoustic again...

Yeah, no kidding, what was Melissa's dude doing for most of "Hurt"? It seems like he couldn't get ready and contributed about three seconds of guitar playing - which didn't help in any way.

She was great. I picked up her Thumbelina Prelude (signed) with Go Down Matthew on it - that song was great live.

I made the mistake of not having any money at many other concerts (I'm so used to Interac), but now I make sure I always have some cash for the Merch table... I picked up one of the new MG Solo T-Shirts as well... they're a bit thin, but I like the design.