Sim

Accoustic Tour 2006 (merged)

LAst Nights Setlist....Pretty short compared to others I have seen...

Matt Good - Solo Acoustic

Barrie, ON

4/11/06

Source: Sony N1>MD Sharp MD-MT90

MD>WAV: Sound Forge 6.0

WAV>SHN: MKW Audio Tool

*** DO Not Encode This Show Into MP3 Format ***

Disk One:

1) Alert Red Status

2) Empty Road

3) In A World Called Catastrophe

4) Hopeless

5) Fated

6) She's In It For The Money >

7) Sort of Protest Song

8) Can't Get Shot In The Back (If You Don't Run)

9) So Long Mrs. Smith

10) Load Me Up/Broken String/Load Me Up

11) Strange Days

12) Avalanche

13) Apparitions

**Encore**

14) Hurt w/Melissa Mcclelland

15) The Fine Art Of Falling Apart

16) Tripoli

17) It's Been Awile Since I was Your Man

*** Do Not Encode This Show Into MP3 Format ***

Notes: Opening Act Melissa Mcclelland

they're a bit thin, but I like the design.

American Aparrel (the company that makes those t-shirts) always make thin tees. I like the feel of them. Plus, as an added bonus, they've certified sweatshop-free!

Cool, thanks for the info. Well paid workers is the way to go... ;)

I think Matt's Barrie show was prb a little shorter because the crowd sucked so much. Ive seen him many times and that is one of the worst crowds I've been in at one of his shows. You could see he was visibly irritated and he talked a lot less than his other shows by the sounds of it. I dont blame him...the crowd was shit.

He even asked someone how much tickets were, and then he said he just wanted to know how much people payed to just come in and talk during the show.....fucking idiots....

I enjoyed the show because I always like to see Matt play, but its always that much better when the crowd and vibe are good.

I think Matt's Barrie show was prb a little shorter because the crowd sucked so much. Ive seen him many times and that is one of the worst crowds I've been in at one of his shows. You could see he was visibly irritated and he talked a lot less than his other shows by the sounds of it. I dont blame him...the crowd was shit.

He even asked someone how much tickets were, and then he said he just wanted to know how much people payed to just come in and talk during the show.....fucking idiots....

I enjoyed the show because I always like to see Matt play, but its always that much better when the crowd and vibe are good.

I was at the Barrie show last night and feel the exact same way. The crowd was awful, and the venue sucked too. Matt was great, sounded great, acoustic=great, but I also thought he was visibly irritated (as was I), and consequently I guess he shut it down early. I was soooooo looking forward to the 8 song encore I had been reading about on this board, and was kinda in denial when the lights came up.

post-2-1144905087.jpg

i totally agree. crowd sucked, venue sucked. I would love to see matt pick venues like Humaities theatre in waterloo, Massey hall, HUmmingbird!!, Convocation hall.. anyplace where the crowd sits and listens...It totally focuses the crowd to the artist...

oh well, i enjoyed it none the less.

Cheers,

Yv

I'm glad that I wasn't the only one who was irritated at the crowd in Barrie. I liked how when before playing Fated he told everyone up front that they'd know this one but wasn't sure about anyone else.

Edited by connolly

Hey, was at the Toronto show last night and it was amazing! My 9th time seeing Matt and I don't think I've ever heard his voice in better form. This tour is really showcasing his strong vocal abilities more than any other tour he's done, not to mention is slowly budding comedy career haha. His voice is really driving these songs since they've been stripped down and it's been fantastic! I know some people were writing down the setlist, I'd love to see that posted as there were just so many songs that I couldn't keep track of the order. Also, if ANYONE has a bootleg of this show PLEASE contact me as I've been dying to get a full show of any of Matt's performances off this tour, hopefully we can work something out for a trade or whatever. Highlight for me was Avalanche, as it's my favourite song, I thought he pulled that off incredibly well, especially since its such a live staple with the full band, I wasn't sure how it would come across acoustically.

Cheers,

Ryan

Here's my shot at the setlist from Toronto...the order might be a bit mixed up in the middle of the set:

Avalanche

Tripoli

Prime Time Deliverance

She's in it for the money -->

Sort of a protest song

In a world called catastrophe

Hopeless

Can't get shot in the back if you don't run

Fated

Strange Days

Advertising on police cars

So long mrs smith

Load me up

Apparitions

Encore:

Hurt w Melissa M.

Fine art of falling apart

Alert status red

The boy come home

Indestructable

Symbolistic White Walls

It's been a while since I was your man

I'm pretty sure that's it, I don't think I missed any songs however the order might be slightly incorrect.

Oakville, Sheridan College show.

Setlist to my recollection... please correct if need be. tnx.

-House of smoke and mirrors

-Avalanche

-Tripoli

-Generation X-wing

-In a world called catastrophe

-Faded

-Sort of protest song

-Can't Get Shot in the Back if you don't run (order may be wrong for this one)

-Hopeless

-Strange Days

-So long mrs smith

-Load me up

-Apparitions

Encore

-The Fine art of falling apart

-Alert status Red

-Empty road

I went to Barrie cause I couldn't get tickets for Toronto and yeah, the crowd fucking sucked.

I'd like to know who thought it would be a good idea to pay $30 cover for a shitty club in Barrie, because that's what they effectively did when they stopped paying attention to the concert and talked amongst themselves.

On the other hand, the venue sucked too. If you weren't in front or close enough, then you probably couldn't hear anything very well because of the speaker setup and quality.

Anyway, second time seeing him and I still enjoyed it.

I think it all depends on how the audience is. If they are going to be assholes, that why the hell would he want to play any longer, but if its a good audience, well then hes in a better mood and more adpt to play longer.

The Oakville show was definitely a short set compared to other dates. It may have been because he was dealing with a cold, or because he threw up twice from motion sickness after getting off the tour bus