Sim

Accoustic Tour 2006 (merged)

WOWsers! Just got home from the Edmonton show. And it was unbelievable, my fav MG show yet.

He pulled out Sumbolistic White Walls tonight. That was amazing. Plus i pretty much pissed my pants when he started truffle pigs, world called catastrophe, and hello time bomb

After seeing Matthew Good (Band) seventeen times it is difficult for a show to rank number one, but the March 23rd show was a very strong runner for top spot.

Fine Art of Falling Apart, Fated, Truffle Pigs and Symbolistic White Walls stole the show for me. Matt was in a great mood (despite still being sick), and very energetic and happy on stage; it was great to see.

I am just listening back to the recording now (listening to Advertising On Police Cars) and it sounds great. Very clean, close and solid. It will need some noramlization, but once 5ilent gets his hands on this for some tweaking it should be a fantastic bootleg for you all.

EDIT: How can I forget Sort of a Protest Song!? The setlist was fantastic!

Edited by gursky

Here is a sample of the recording I got from the March 23rd Edmonton show. This has been unedited and is in MP3 (;)) but will give you all a feel for what an edited/lossless version will sound like. I picked Fated because it was one of the strongest performances from last night, and because it's one of Matthew's best written (in my opinion).

It's 4MB and you can get it here. No ETA on when the whole concert will be available, it's dependant on 5ilent's schedule, so whenever he gets a chance.

And hopefully the video from last night (MiniDVD) won't take too long, we still need to release the 10/31, all in time. Patience is a virtue, right?

Edited by gursky

Here's the setlist from the March 23 show in Edmonton (the first and last songs are in order, everything in-between is not)...

Avalanche

In A World Called Catastrophe

Advertising On Police Cars

Can't Get Shot In The Back If You Don't Run

Empty Road

Alert Status Red

Hopeless

Load Me Up

Strange Days

Symbolistic White Walls

Fated

The Fine Art of Falling Apart

Generation X-Wing

So Long Mrs. Smith

Tripoli

Truffle Pigs

Sort Of A Protest Song

Apparitions

Indestructable

Prime Time Deliverance

The show was amazing. Matt's voice was in top form and he seemed genuinely happy all night. He read from a couple of "Worst Case Scenario" books and made jokes about several of the scenarios in each.

After the show, a friend and I were talking about how the true test of a great song is when it sounds great after being stripped down to it's most basic form. This show proved that these songs - even when performed with only a voice and guitar - are simply great, and it's a testament to the songwriting ability of Matt Good. Overall, an incredible evening.

After seeing Matthew Good (Band) seventeen times it is difficult for a show to rank number one, but the March 23rd show was a very strong runner for top spot.

Fine Art of Falling Apart, Fated, Truffle Pigs and Symbolistic White Walls stole the show for me. Matt was in a great mood (despite still being sick), and very energetic and happy on stage; it was great to see.

I am just listening back to the recording now (listening to Advertising On Police Cars) and it sounds great. Very clean, close and solid. It will need some noramlization, but once 5ilent gets his hands on this for some tweaking it should be a fantastic bootleg for you all.

EDIT: How can I forget Sort of a Protest Song!? The setlist was fantastic!

SEVENTEEN TIMES?! WOW.

this is going to be my first matthew good concert. i'm soo excited!

Here is a sample of the recording I got from the March 23rd Edmonton show. This has been unedited and is in MP3 (;)) but will give you all a feel for what an edited/lossless version will sound like.

This sounds awesome! Great job! Thanks for sharing it. I can't wait to hear the rest:)

Here is a sample of the recording I got from the March 23rd Edmonton show. 

This sounds amazing, I am definitely looking forward to hearing the rest of the performance. Thanks so much.

Here is a sample of the recording I got from the March 23rd Edmonton show. This has been unedited and is in MP3 (;)) but will give you all a feel for what an edited/lossless version will sound like. I picked Fated because it was one of the strongest performances from last night, and because it's one of Matthew's best written (in my opinion).

It's 4MB and you can get it here. No ETA on when the whole concert will be available, it's dependant on 5ilent's schedule, so whenever he gets a chance.

And hopefully the video from last night (MiniDVD) won't take too long, we still need to release the 10/31, all in time. Patience is a virtue, right?

That sounds pretty terrific!

Excellent work! thanks.

click!

Some pictures from last night (Edmonton), quickly photoshopped to be visible...

Last night was fantastic. I've seen him play twice before, but this one was the best, by far. It topped both of the other times, in every aspect. Everything (EVERYTHING) was a highlight. I especially liked In a World Called Catastrophe, which is normally a song that I would skip, but last night I absolutely did not want it to end. Fated was, well... wow. I was speechless after that song. Hell, I can't keep naming all the songs I loved, they were all just amazing. Matt seemed to be truly enjoying himself. It looked like he was having a good time up there. The sound was great, the crowd was great, the lighting was... great when it wasn't blinding people. But hey, I'll take the pain for a show like that.

running theme of the night: "Don't panic."

Fantastic.

Probably too late to ask, but if anyone knows of someone who got shut out of the S'toon show tommorow, I ended up accidentaly getting an extra ticket ordered online. If anyone wants it, I'll pass it on for $15, still cheaper then the gate. I'm in Regina tonight, but drop me a txt at 306-581-3365

For all of those who were there in Edmonton last night, it was too bad we didn't meet up. In case you noticed me, I was the one who ran down the lefthand-side isle and screamed something incoherant waving my arms as if I were drunk (I wasn't) right before the show started.