Sim

Accoustic Tour 2006 (merged)

Matt was really funny tonite. I joked with him a few times about bootlegging and his refusal to play Alabama Hotel Room during the show.... Incredible setlist overall. However, HURT wasn't as good as people will make it out to be... still great though. Highlights were obviously Mrs. Smith, Fated, Avalanche, Catastrophe. Great atmosphere, great crowd... Very impressed with Saskatoon:

I was the guy in the green sweater if anyone saw me.

Gnight.

I wouldn't have minded staying, but we didn't, anyway. I wonder if he came out. I wanted to buy him a gin & tonic if he was going to!

I didn't stick...

I did see him when I drove back past the bus, but there wasn't a crowd, so I though stopping the car and running over would look kinda creepy...

Opportunity lost I suppose.

Johnny Cash's Hurt isn't that great. He just happened to die around the time it was released.

Death = Popularity.

The video isn't that great either. NIN is a much better piece of art.

Amazed that Matthew tried it.

Covers aren't better or worse than the originals. Just different interpretations.

Matthew Good & Melissa McClelland - Hurt (NIN cover) (35 second clip)

if it doesn't work yet, give it a couple minutes, I just uploaded it.

it's sort of flip floppy as I moved the camera around a bit 'cos I felt goofy holding the camera up for long periods of time right in their faces. bah.

I was the guy who yelled "good luck with that" after somebody called out for Alabama Motel Room, then Matt cracked me and everyone else up by saying "yep, refer to that guy." Great sense of humor and connection with us last night.

Very good quality clip. I got a bit overboard with the videos last night. I decided only to get clips of the really, really good parts and walked out with about 35 of them saved. The picture quality is terrible (cell phone, not a digicam) but the songs carry through. I'll have to load 'em up sometime tonight.

Neither have I, so I definitely don't have my hopes up.

I am sort of kicking myself that I didn't record some more videos, but that's alright, I stayed focused on the show, so I guess that's good too.

Glad you liked the clip.