Sim

Accoustic Tour 2006 (merged)

I got my tickets about 3 seconds after I read the note on Matt's site. Ticketmaster may be quick as hell but damn it if its worth $5 on each ticket, convenience fee my ass ;).

Yeah I hate ticketmaster, damn capitalism! Still waiting for my tickets in the mail...

oh yeah i did peak at the setlist prior to matthew goin on stage i did see protest song  on ther ebut was never played,even a couple of other songs were scratched off the list to,,matt was in great spirits,telling steve to drop the pipe after the 4th fuck up lol , i yelled to share the wealth,matt got a chuckle out of that ,cant recall what he sayin at one point i yelled out have another 6 beers ,matt said no , cause he had a rough night with the gin ,as he chuckled

dude he did play protest, both nights, the second night (tonight) he added an extra openign verse, lyrics said something about "You party and I pay the bills "and love ain't worth a thing" or something to that extent, SOAPS was th e best song of the night, though it was nice of him to play sww, cause i was yelling it all night

Edited by driftinginfluence

to add to my previous post about mon night's winnipeg show, matt played a song from every release, not sure if this happened at any of the other shows as I haven't checked yet but i thought it was cool.

LOTGA: Symbolistic

Raygun: So Long Mrs Smith, X-Wing

Underdogs: Apparitions, Indestructable

Lo-Fi: Fated

BM: Strange Days

Loser Anthems: Fine Art

Audio Of Being: Advertising, SOAPS

Avalanche: HOSAM, IAWCC, Avalanche

White Light: Little Terror, Alert Status Red, Ex-Pats, It's Been Awhile

Pending/Bsides: Can't Get Shot, Breath of a Nation

Cover: Hurt

I guess technically he didn't play either oh be joyful or big city life, but oh well, still pretty cool, a career-spanning set no doubt.

P.S. Zach that sounds intriguing, post if possible.

Edited by driftinginfluence

i reduced the quality on my camera because i only brought one disc, so the quality isn't great, but what can ya do.

i'll compress it some and see which full ones are actually decent enough to share. ;)

Edited by zach

Saw both sunday night and monday night's shows. amazing and i love how he changed it up for all us h-cores that went twice.

Melissa McClelland was amazing as well so really the show was amazing start to finish.

Seemed less deshevled last night though maybe thats cause the beer came out later...

Hopeless on sunday was still my fave.

Monday's Winnipeg show was amazing... Out of the 6 or so times I've seen Matt play, this was definately the best ever. The stuff about the letter was just hilarious, I've never seen him make a crowd laugh so hard. It was brilliant.

I also loved how he was taking random requests from the audience. Someone yells out "I The Throw Away!!", he tries playing it and five notes later is like "Uh... what chord comes next?".

"Play Anti-Pop!!". His response, "For that I pretty much just puke on the stage."

So funny.

EDIT: Also, seven song encore! Here's some pics. Most didn't turn out well.

MG's bus.

mg-mar27a.jpg

mg-mar27b.jpg

mg-mar27c.jpg

mg-mar27d.jpg

Edited by Emu

Thanks for the vid Jerm, its just too bad dickless Doug dropped the ball on taping some of the other highlights.

i resent that, asshole, i was too busy enjoying the experience of the show, hahahahahaah jerk!

doug ;)

your both jerks!

Wow this coming from a guy who's greatest work to date was a couple of Matthew Good and Radiohead covers. Just remember "Silence" is still your best track.