Lux

Goodfellas

I recently watched Goodfellas starring Joe Pesci, Ray Liotta and Robert Deniro, expecting nothing more than an hour's diversion and finding one of my all-toime favourite movies! It portrays a young Ray Lootta growing up in Brooklyn or some shit and envying the mob from his family's apartment, eventually becoming a Goodfella. You get to revel in thew underhandedness of the mob scene, groove to the killer 70's soundtrack, which only gets better as cocaine increasingly infiltrates the movie, which you also get to enjoy. Anyone else have any thoughts/feelings on this one of the best mob movies I've ever seen? Word up.

I'd have to agree with you on the fact that it is a very good film. I wouldn't say it's my all time favorite. It's somewhere in my top 100...that'd be a very hard list to put together though.

If you enjoyed that movie, you should check out...

Scarface, of couse,

The Godfather trilogy,

Carlito's Way...but, not the sequel(or is it the prequel?)

Donnie Brasco,

I'm sure there's more, but I'm tired.

Goodfellas was awesome but if you're really into mob movies you have to watch the Sopranos... although I know that it is not a movie, it plays out like the best movie that just keps going!! It has to be watched from the first episode of the first season though!! Better clear your schedule though cause you won't be able to stop watching it!!

Brilliant movie two of the best parts are the famous scene where hill takes the side entrance into the club and also when they beat the made man in the bar and tommy apologizes for getting blood on henry's floor with donovan playing in the background