shenanigans87

Songs That Resemble One Another

Have you ever listened to a song for the fisrt time and thought, "I swear I've heard this somewhere before?" only to realize the song or parts of the song are very similar to another song you've heard? I'm not saying that the band necessarily copied the other, I mean, there are only so many variations of notes in the world, but making observations is just plain fun, so share.

A few I have noticed:

-The guitar part in Wonderboy by Tenacious D resembles the guitar in My Iron Lung by Radiohead.

-The riff in Matthew Good's Weapon resemles the riff from Oasis's Fucking in the Bushes.

-All songs by Nickelback sound like other songs by Nickelback. ( ;) )

I have many others that I just can't think of at the moment, so more to come as I remember them.

There's some song out now, probably popular as they play it at the gym a lot, and I swear to god, the beginning is exactly the same as Man of Action. It has the same ambient air port-style noise at the beginning and every single time I hear it I keep expecting it to be MoA.

supersonic - oasis

summerland -everclear

only the beginning

Ghostbusters theme -ray something or other

i want a new drug - hall and oates

Edited by KiPpEr

Steve Earle's Hey Amanda has a similair guitar opening to a Matthew Good song, but i can't put my finger on it. Maybe i am crazy.

Steve Earle "Hey Amanda"

PLEASE!

Do not judge Steve Earle by this song. I am of the opinion that this is his worst song to date, and it was co-written by Sheryl Crow, so i am not surprised. I just want to see what yall think.

supersonic - oasis

summerland -everclear

only the beginning

Ghostbusters theme -ray something or other

i want a new drug - HUEY LEWIS ADN THE NEWS

better....

Edited by reg

The Black Eyed Pea's "Pump it" and Dick Dale's surf classic "Misirlou". Oh wait, thats because they completely stole the song and threw in some garbage lyrics.

dude its called using a sample and its kindof allowed. i'd rather they use a good song and sample it than use something shitty.

also

pavement's "silence kit" sounds a lot like buddy holly's "everyday"

Edited by borntohula

that armchair sinics song sounds sooo familiar that i could swear it was a cover, or it just sounds a lot like another song...i dunno.

o, and I totally agree with the Pieces-sum 41 and the scientist-coldplay resembalance, check it out its eerie ....the guitar from pieces sounds like the piano from the scientist. That and the obvious wonderwall-oasis and boulavard of broken dreams-green day comparison.

wow,t here's so many I don't know where to start.

A verse in FTRT that's the same as a verse in antipop. A, G, B, G. i think. somethin like that.

matt good has that apparitions rhythm patter that's in like 20 of his songs.

boston- more than a feelings

nirvana- smells like teen spirit

silverchair- tomorrow

greenday-brainstew/jaded

papa roach - that suicide song, whatever it's called

ok so i drive all day in a truck, and i have ended up listening to everything on the radio, even stuff i hate, so heres my comment.

Perfect World by Simple Plan, sounds exactly like My Happy Ending by Avril Lavigne. can anyone hear this? or do u actually get to choose what music u listen to all the time? aha.