Shortcut To Moncton

Most Underrated MG(B) Song

What is the most *underrated* Matthew Good (Band) Song?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. What is the most *underrated* Matthew Good (Band) Song?

• A Long Way Down
    • Bright End Of Nowhere
    • Failing The Rorschach Test
    • Fearless
    • Going All The Way
    • I, The Throw Away
    • In A World Called Catastrophe
    • Invasion 1
    • Let's Get It On
    • Lullaby For The New World Order
    • Middle Class Gangsters
    • Pledge Of Allegiance
    • The Fall Of Man
    • The Inescapable Us
    • The War Is Over
    • Vermilion

I voted The Fall of Man. It's an incredible song with some very strong dynamics. Rorschach Test is amazing too; the drum beat is cool. Also, Bright End of Nowhere is very underrated, I think it's one of the best tunes on Avalanche.

When I first heard The Fall of Man, it nearly shattered me.

I was young-ish, and quite angsty, but I liked the imagery. I was in creative writing in OAC at the time, and my teacher was frustrated with me because I hadn't written anything "serious" for the class yet. So he challenged me to write a serious story for the final project.

Had no bloody idea what I was going to do, until I went home, tossed on the Audio of Being, and the Fall of Man came on. Hit the repeat button and wrote for three hours.

Not saying the story was fantastical, but I did well in the course, and I had a grand old time doing it.

My second choice would have been The Bright End of Nowhere, but not for precisely the same reasons. The Fall of Man just pushes the deeper-seated buttons.

I think that Man of Action should absolutely be put on this list. Not sure how popular it was in Canada when AoB came out, but i haven't heard it mentioned on the bored much at ALL. I really like that song. How it builds gradually throughout the whole song is fantastic.

So Man of Action is my choice, but barring that... i'm gonna have to go with Inescapable Us, with Fearless in a close second. I do like fall of man, just not as much as the previous two.