silentshadow

The Da Vinci Code

thankfully the book is in paperback now, oh how the price of it has dropped. just a few more months untill it come out in theature.... maybe that is why it just came out in paperback.

Just saw the movie. Although it wasn't as bad as everyone is saying it is, it wasn't great either. Definitely not as good as the book was. Then again I thought that the book was pretty amazing so I guess I had high expectations.

OK. The book though, is seriously JUST AN ADVENTURE STORY! THERE IS NO TRUTH TO IT WHAT-SO-EVER.

In the beginning when it's all saying everything is fact, it's bull. That's why it's under FICTION. Some people take it seriously, and practically live by it, it's rediculous. Even all the theories if Jesus and Mary Magnaline, and all that type of stuff, are all made up by fiction writers over all the years, and this has been admitted by the writers themselves. There is no real conspiracy or anything.

Decent story though, and a decent movie, but nothing truly astonishing. Rather just watch the 3rd Indianna Jones.

I'm pretty sure this shoulda been a poll... either way, I never saw the movie, but I read the book. I enjoyed the book until the ending. The end was such a let down.

I'd have to say neither.

The book is entertaining. It's what I'd call a page- turner, exciting but no real quality or substance. The movie however was just tedious. Very poorly executed.

Maybe I'm hard to please.

OK. The book though, is seriously JUST AN ADVENTURE STORY! THERE IS NO TRUTH TO IT WHAT-SO-EVER.

In the beginning when it's all saying everything is fact, it's bull. That's why it's under FICTION. Some people take it seriously, and practically live by it, it's rediculous. Even all the theories if Jesus and Mary Magnaline, and all that type of stuff, are all made up by fiction writers over all the years, and this has been admitted by the writers themselves. There is no real conspiracy or anything.

Decent story though, and a decent movie, but nothing truly astonishing. Rather just watch the 3rd Indianna Jones.

Obviously the book is just fiction, but I just thought it was an interesting story because it is totally possible that many fictious things in the book could have happened. I do agree that the writing wasn't very poetic, but I'm pretty sure Dan Brown was thinking he'd sell way more books if simple folk could understand the some what difficult theories. Mabey that was a mistake but the story was still compelling enough for me to read it through and it was a easy read so I just sat back and relaxed instead of pulling a dictionary out every five seconds. What's up with all the D. Code haters out there? It's just a book!

What's up with all the D. Code haters out there? It's just a book!

What's up with all the simple-minded people taking it as fact? It's just a book!

(not referring to any person in particular here, just trying to show a piece of why a lot of people are frustrated with the book)

Edited by Ravenous itchy

Angels and Demons was a much better book. I'll probably rent the movie when it comes out. I rarely like a movie as much as the book.

I just read A&D but have yet to read DC. I thought I'd read them in order.

Now I'm sad as the best of the two is behind me ;)

I thought it was a fun book though, even if they did hold your hand throughout the unravelling of the mystery.

Obviously the book is just fiction, but I just thought it was an interesting story because it is totally possible that many fictious things in the book could have happened. I do agree that the writing wasn't very poetic, but I'm pretty sure Dan Brown was thinking he'd sell way more books if simple folk could understand the some what difficult theories. Mabey that was a mistake but the story was still compelling enough for me to read it through and it was a easy read so I just sat back and relaxed instead of pulling a dictionary out every five seconds. What's up with all the D. Code haters out there? It's just a book!

I'm not Da Vinci Code hater, I just hate the people who follow it/think it's true.

In no way is it a bad story, it is fairly interesting and all. And yeah, more than anything the short chapters was a strategical move made by Dan Brown. Makes it an easy read, and it sure in hell gave people something to talk about.

And I do accept possible things that we missed, left out, or that we lost in translation about the life of jesus and his followers(I'm agnostic by the way). There really is no way to know for sure what really happened in that time, though I thought I should point out that the whole marriage with marry magnaline and conspiracy stuff with the code is all fictionaly, absolutely no fact. Even in the Blood and the Holy Grail, it was all fictitious.

Haha, I went into Cole's the other day and there are huge sections of just Dan Brown now. He's gotten pretty popular.

After watching the movie, it made me realize that the story in both book and movie aren't really that good. I think that the context where the story is situated in (the conspiracy of Christianity) is what gives Dan Brown all his bacon. Since he declares that all his statements are true at the beginning of the book, people eat up the conspiracy. The probability of it being true are very slim, but who doesn't love a conspiracy now and then?

I can't believe I paid money to see the movie.