Dan #1

Good for PM

Something sparked in my mind when i listened to Matthew's interview on the CKNW radios station the other day. Matthew Good is quite political and has good common sense/knowledge about society, etc. He is intelligent and well spoken.

Put those imaginative caps on now folks... tell me if you think Matthew Good should be Prime Minister of Canada. Why or why not?

Would you rather have the politicians do the politics while Matt does the Music thing? Or do you think Matt should mix it up a bit ;)

(note: although unlikely matt would go into politics, try imagining him going into it)

i wouldnt mind AT ALL having someone like Matt as a PM or president of a country... at least someone who would share his ideas, his way of seeing the world, his way of caring for people and for social issues...

the new Spanish President (José Luis Rodríguez Zapatero) is very similar to Matt in those ideas: he seems to really care for society and for social issues and try to give profit to people who are in need...

he doesnt look like Matt physically but his ideas are similar in that sense ;)

Lol about him having a breakdown. I think Matt would be a great PM. What I don't understand is how there are so many good people out there like Matt but we somehow always end up with the politicians that we've got. I like Mayor David Miller of Toronto though. I would vote for Matt... if only I could.

I don't think he'll be running either, but it's a good thought. ;)

Lauren that is exactly what I thought when I read Dan's post, then I scrolled down and there you said it. ;) Maybe he'd put a human rights type of spin on one of the parties, most likely the NDP I think because it'd probably be the easiest to change.

I don't think he would be a good prime minister. He misses some aspects of society. And a lot of what he puts in his blog is for the most part seems to me that it's from CBC.ca and that's about it. And I just think he's too extreme.

And speaking about good politicians, Scott Brison anyone? He was a Progressive Conservative, but left during the merge, and is now a Liberal. He's in Paul Martin's cabinet as well, I think his position is "Minister of Public Works and Government Services".

I feel that there are some instances when war is necessary. Not when it's a first strike. But when it's in defence situations. And he's just extreme human rights. He's like the American government, just on the opposite side.

I feel war is never the answer. If someone declares war on you then you defend yourself. But invading a country doesn't count as "defending" yourself.

He's like the American government, just on the opposite side.

Can you elaborate on that a bit more?

He's extreme, and the way he phrases his blog is similar to an american form of political speeches. And sometimes the best defence is to go to another country and fight them there. Such as in World War Two. Nazism needed a lot of force to stop it.

Ah, yeah I would have to agree with you there. Pearl Harbour was a first strike by the Japanese but the Americans ended up dropping atomic bombs on Hiroshima. That was overdoing it a bit... and as for attacking civilians...

I agree that Matt style of writing is very dramatic. No middleground for him, he wants to have a point and drive it home.

As for the atomic bombs, Japan was the only Axis power left to fight. Maybe the war would have taken a few more months to end, but it would have been worth all of those lives taken away in the two bombings. And it didn't just affect the people who were alive at the time of the war, the blasts also affected future generations. It was way over the top of the U.S. to do that. Unjustified.

War is justified. I wouldn't want to be saluting Hitler right about now. I like democracy truthfully. I think that the a-bombs also had to do with the "growing threat" of communism, and the U.S. wanting to look more suprerior.