5ilent Narcotic

Tour Delay/postponment? (merged)

I receieved this message, pending its true this doesn't sound good for people.

I just came back from the lineup at the Kingston show and saw Matt stumble out of his tour bus looking dazed and drenched in sweat. An ambulence came and he loaded himself onto the stretcher and they took him away. Obviously, Tonight's show is cancelled, but I can only assume that a few if not all subsequent dates will be cut.

Just thought I'd give you guys a heads up.

- Double Life Concert Attendee who posted this minutes ago.

He wasn't looking the best in Edmonton, he avoided talking to us at the bus afterwards. The guy just can't get on the road without picking something up. Unfortunately it sounds like this is quite serious compared to his recent tour illnesses.

I don't even have any tickets and I hope he's alright. Damn illnesses going around everywhere.

Yeah i've got tickets for tommorow nights show. I really hope he's ok to play. But obviously I'd rather not have go see him when he's not feeling well enough to play. If the report is true than it does indeed look doubtful for tommorow night's show which is a shame. Again I hope he's alright.

i heard he drank the london water

I used to live there....I'm just sayin

ps. running4home, radio free roscoe chick is definately hot, and she used to go to school with my cousin...I schtooked her

Edited by glassjaw

I just got back after driving from Kingston to Syracuse, and I physically watched Matt get into the ambulance. We all hope that he's alright obviously, but I just wanted to say the staff at Elixir handled it very well, keeping us in the loop in a timely manner.

He did soundcheck, but around 6:20 an ambulance and a fire truck arrived, and Matt was taken off around 6:50. Minutes later, they started to tear down the stage. And damn the club was so small, I was really getting excited.

*keeps fingers crossed for Matt's health and the rest of the tour*

i heard he drank the london water

I used to live there....I'm just sayin

ya its the london water. You know all that sewage from the stupid city workers bursting a pipe open. Or it could have been that damn German beer he was drinkin, he should have stayed with the Japanese beer from the night before

I realy hope matts ok. He didnt look too bad yesterday in london but he did say he was on meds. He was still in good spirits and it didnt effect his performance. This sucks for the people who had to drive to get to the show but matts health must come first. Its not looking good as he has like 15 shows in the next 20 days which would take alot out of you if you were at 100%. Hopefully he pulls out of it and is able to finish the tour as it is an amazing show.

Not that it matters but...a fire truck?

Fire departments are often the first response to medical emergencies, given that they're often closer than the nearest hospital. (Firefighters usually have medical training.)

The nearest hospital is more than six miles from where I live, so we typically see fire trucks responding to medical emergencies in our neighborhood.

Edited by uglyredhonda

This is so odd, because I thought he looked fine and in good spirits at Call the Office. When the security guys told us he was feeling sick, I thought they were just trying to get rid of us by exaggerating things, since he seemed okay inside. If he was feeling shitty during the show, I've gotta commend him for preservering and pulling off such an amazing set. My guess is it's a flu or something, combined with the stress of the road and whatever else.

I've got tickets for the Ottawa show on Wednesday (supposed to be my first ever MG show), but now I'm not so sure if it'll actually happen... anyone know if Matt or his label will be announcing show cancellations (if there are any), or do I have to call Carleton? I don't even know who to call at the University.

Hope Matt gets better.