5ilent Narcotic

Tour Delay/postponment? (merged)

I totally agree Shindig, I think it's ridiculous that Matt has not updated his site saying if he is or is not playing the site, and if Matt is too sick to update it, get someone else to update it to get the info out to the fans.

He was sick, give him a break and stop complaining. Just be happy he's going to keep playing.

PxMxTourBus2.jpg

. Both Raymi and Philogynist will be hanging with Pitt, Tony, Ciavarro, and Mike in Waterloo for Matt's acoustic show and likely consuming the better part of his rider (well Px anyway).

Matt looks alright I guess.

Whoa, sorry, after re-reading my post, I see that it could of come off pretty ignorant. That wasn't how I meant for it to seem, I'm really happy that Matt is going on touring, I just think that if he was able to take down the Mblog, he should of been able to give some notification on the tour dates, but at least he is alright. ;)

seriously... how hard is it to put some info on his main website to let people know the status of the show..... Thanx to no one not knowing wtf is going on, I had to miss the show last night. I can't wait around and/or drive 7 hours on a whim.... some people have jobs

seriously... how hard is it to put some info on his main website to let people know the status of the show..... Thanx to no one not knowing wtf is going on, I had to miss the show last night. I can't wait around and/or drive 7 hours on a whim.... some people have jobs

A couple years ago, we had tickets for the Metropolis show in Montreal...drove 7 hours to get there and it was cancelled. I'd probably prefer what happened to you instead. Ended up just barhopping, but it wasn't that enjoyable since I'd been looking forward to that show for weeks.

And then, as a bonus, we hit a blizzard on the way home.

PxMxTourBus2.jpg

. Both Raymi and Philogynist will be hanging with Pitt, Tony, Ciavarro, and Mike in Waterloo for Matt's acoustic show and likely consuming the better part of his rider (well Px anyway).

Matt looks alright I guess.

i find it odd that matt would include alchohol on his rider if he barely drinks as it is.... unless he added it specifically for those guys, considering there was fruit, veggies and root beer on the rider in calgary a while back.

Edited by one_trick_pony

I called the Starlight in Waterloo and I talked to the guy there and he said supposedly Matt is doing better and that the show for Saturday is as far as he knows "a go". He also mentioned that the reschedule for the April 3rd show should be confirmed sometime later today. One of the dates he said Matt was shooting for was Good Friday, April 14th. Thought I would pass that along.

Chris

This is fabulous news.

Hmm...if you guys take a look at Raymi's blog, she seems to be talking about "drinking and partying" the whole time... I know Matt had a beer on stage at the Ottawa show - maybe times they are a changin'?

Hmm...if you guys take a look at Raymi's blog, she seems to be talking about "drinking and partying" the whole time... I know Matt had a beer on stage at the Ottawa show - maybe times they are a changin'?

Wow. I don't think I've ever seen Matt with a beer on stage.

Which is odd, because most of the bands I've seen have had a beer at least once, or someone has been drinking, but from the In A Coma DVD commentary, Matt was mentioning how he wasn't on speaking terms with alcohol. Interesting.

He has been drinking this entire tour, mostly imports.

Heh. I don't know if I could handle seeing him buzzed, even if he were slurring a bit.

"You jus push a lil button... A monkey could do that."

Would just start playing in my head over and over and over.

Edited by MuttersomeTaxicab

We regret to announce that Matthew Good's April 2 concert will not be rescheduled as we had previously hoped.

Ticket refunds will be available only at Elixir Nightclub from Tuesday, April 11 to Friday, April 14 between 2 and 4 PM, and Thursday, April 13 between 6 and 8 PM. On-line sales will be refunded automatically. Anyone who cannot make it to receive their refund must contact [email protected] by Friday, April 14 at 4 PM.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and hope that we have Matthew back to Kingston in the near future.

Guest Prosis

Matt had stopped drinking for unknown reasons (there were rumours of which nature I am not going to mention here to keep pointless speculations from happening). Matt hasn't had a drink in years and he stated that in many interviews until post-avalanche. Then on his blog, he said he had a beer for the first time in years and that he had missed it or something along those lines...so now, he drinks beer again...

All better now?

I sat to the side of the stage at the Starlight, clear veiw of his water bottle and his beer and allthough he made it look like he was drinking it by taking several long swigs the level of the beer basicly remained the same.

Has anyone ever thought this may just be Matt being Matt, a little joke perhaps... i dunno. I don't think he's a huge drinker now.

It's just beer. A beer a show won't do any harm. If you want to see a live show turn into a train wreck because of it, check out Bright Eyes live. If you're lucky enough you'll catch Conor on one of his binge nights.

Disappointed to hear he's drinking green-bottled imports, though.

It's just beer. A beer a show won't do any harm. If you want to see a live show turn into a train wreck because of it, check out Bright Eyes live. If you're lucky enough you'll catch Conor on one of his binge nights.

Disappointed to hear he's drinking green-bottled imports, though.

Or the Deftones. Man, when Chino hits the bottle, the live show kinda suffers... A lot.

I sat to the side of the stage at the Starlight, clear veiw of his water bottle and his beer and allthough he made it look like he was drinking it by taking several long swigs the level of the beer basicly remained the same.

Has anyone ever thought this may just be Matt being Matt, a little joke perhaps... i dunno. I don't think he's a huge drinker now.

That's actually hilarious. I laughed pretty hard at that one. I wish I had been there. I was supposed to go to the monday show.