HoboFactory

United 93

I can't see myself paying any money to see this movie. There are theories that Flight 93 was shot down by a military plane (see here).

It also didn't help when Donald Rumsfeld said on December 24, 2003; "think all of us have a sense if we imagine the kind of world we would face if the people who bombed the mess hall in Mosul, or the people who did the bombing in Spain, or the people who attacked the United States in New York, shot down the plane over Pennsylvania and attacked the Pentagon, the people who cut off peoples' heads on television to intimidate, to frighten -- indeed the word 'terrorized' is just that. Its purpose is to terrorize, to alter behavior, to make people be something other than that which they want to be."

I can't see myself paying any money to see this movie. There are theories that Flight 93 was shot down by a military plane (see here).

It also didn't help when Donald Rumsfeld said on December 24, 2003; "think all of us have a sense if we imagine the kind of world we would face if the people who bombed the mess hall in Mosul, or the people who did the bombing in Spain, or the people who attacked the United States in New York, shot down the plane over Pennsylvania and attacked the Pentagon, the people who cut off peoples' heads on television to intimidate, to frighten -- indeed the word 'terrorized' is just that. Its purpose is to terrorize, to alter behavior, to make people be something other than that which they want to be."

Everyone should look at that website, it's VERY interesting. Not saying you should believe it, but at least look at it.

From the beginning when Flight 93 crashed, I thought that a military jet shot it down. It was the last airliner left in the air, it had drastically altered course towards D.C., and large parts of the debris on the ground were found miles apart (something that wouldn't have happened if the plane just crashed into the ground). Think about it, what sounds better? - That the brave courageous United States citizens charged the cockpit against the terrorists, and forced them to crash, or that the U.S. military shot the plane out of the sky before it could reach D.C. thus killing however many American citizens?

Now, what sounds more plausible?

Also, look at the conspiracy theory regarding "Building 7" (not one of the towers) in the WTC complex (make sure you watch the video of that building collapsing and look at the map of the layout of the complex and where all the buildings are in relation). It's very interesting. I've seen demolitions before on TV, and that's what they look like. Not saying I believe that that's what happened, as that is very implausible as well, but i'm just saying that a building like that (that was not target by a plane or otherwise) does not look like it should just implode like that.

Makes you think. If I disappear from the forum after this post for more than a week, tell my family and gf I love them. ;)

did you ever hear that speech that rumsfield delivered where he said "to the planes that hit the towers, the one in DC and the one that was shot down over pennsylvania..." I'm parafrasing a bit, but he used the term "shot down". Which raises even more suspicion.

Also, this movie is fucking sacreligous, its too god damned soon to make a movie out of it... not only have all the facts not settled yet, the families are still coping with thier loss.

I mean, the other thing is, they dont know exactly what went on up there, so its all gonna be fake dramatic bullshit.

did you ever hear that speech that rumsfield delivered where he said "to the planes that hit the towers, the one in DC and the one that was shot down over pennsylvania..." I'm parafrasing a bit, but he used the term "shot down". Which raises even more suspicion.

That sounds vaguely familiar.

Put aside your bias, disregard the trailer and go watch this movie. It is an intense, beautiful piece of work--the trailer, I'm sure, was done by the studio. I disregarded the film when I first saw the trailer, too, but it is a mistake. It tells the story of this particular flight without politics, without bias, with very little dramatization. There are even people who were actually in the control towers and military rooms that day 'acting' in the film.

Go see this film.

This looks very good and while it may seem to soon after the terrible events of 9/11, the victims families gave there blessing and participated in the film. So personally I think that they should have the final word as to whether it is approriate or not. Not trying to start a political debate or anything just giving my opinion.

Guest jsunC

i cannot wait to go to the movie with meg and spritz and be the awkward third wheel ;)

United 93

First heard about it on CNN, the people were talking about how "powerful" the trailer looked.  To me it just looks really manipulative; yet another attempt at drilling empty patriotism into people's heads.

pretty much exactly what i thought when i saw the trailer for this movie on tv.

Edited by jsunC

Good movie, But 9/11 is an elaborate fraud.

Here's a taste.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8...8&q=911&pl=true

This is a good video, I really suggest watching it. Though over an hour, it is very informative, brings a lot of things to the table. Seriously, consider watching this video, it will be well worth your time.

Put aside your bias, disregard the trailer and go watch this movie. It is an intense, beautiful piece of work--the trailer, I'm sure, was done by the studio. I disregarded the film when I first saw the trailer, too, but it is a mistake. It tells the story of this particular flight without politics, without bias, with very little dramatization. There are even people who were actually in the control towers and military rooms that day 'acting' in the film.

Go see this film.

Mr. Greengrass, please try not to come off as so desperate, it compromises your dignity.

not to mention the crash site wasn't even a crash site... it was a pile of rubble that didn't resemble anything close to a plane crash. it was described by witnesses as a pile of junk dropped in a large dug out whole. in comparison to real crash sites, it's obvious that it was fake. also, it was recorded landing in an evacuated airport, and all the passengers taken away..... to who knows where.

I saw the movie, had several free money passes from cereal boxes, and it was pretty good. It is nothing more then holleywood trying to make a few bucks, but I belive it was done pretty well. They could have made it very disrespectful and it could have been a disaster, but it was pulled off.

I dont have time to watch the google video now but I really want to see what it involves for you to say "9/11 is an elaborate fraud"