AnOceanPearl

Single Line Of An Mg Song That Just Stands Out

"I've fallen asleep again

And when I wake up you won't be here

Don't you think I don't know?

I've been asleep for years"

Oh hell yeah, that's an amazing line.

You have very good taste. That is one of the most beautiful, poetic type lines i've ever heard. It hits you and it's like "wow, that was worded like everything i've ever wanted to say to anyone i've ever loved".

"Killed for fun its fucking funny dont you think? One day you will decompose, and you'll wake up and those,

those birds are singing,

those birds are singing,

its all i've ever wanted"

--i think that one may very well be my favorite, due to its color memory to Kurt Vonnegut's Slaughterhouse Five.

it is indeed, all i ever wanted.

and everything is skin deep.

I kinda can't believe no one's mentioned this, but I haven't been on here much, so maybe there's some taboo against this song (I've only seen one mention), but...

"How strange how you're not with me?

Where has my head gone?

Where do you hold up

to mutilate the day from me?

Where has my head gone?

Well, I felt it slip away."

That whole song gets me. Every time. The last "I felt it slip away," in either version, consistently sends me into a frenzy of emotion (different emotion with the different versions, I'd say).

Sorry if they've been mentioned prior; I read the whole thread but it's hard to remember everything that's been mentioned thus far. While the list is long, hopefully the repeats are at a minimum.

Going All the Way:

"Those missile men with their master plan / Don't get paid to understand"

Change of Season:

"I feel like swimming in your apathy - you know I'd love to be your conscience when it calls"

Empty Road:

"It keeps me looking for a place in your heart ... it's all I know"

While We Were Hunting Rabbits:

"The sky, its stars like fortune, drilled me"

Life Beyond the Minimum Safe Distance:

"I dream only of sleeping"

Sort of A Protest Song:

"I was a fireman in a time of fires ... and I was paralyzed"

Inescapable Us:

"We are smaller maybe than what we can't get around"

The War is Over:

"When I'm alone, I am in pain"

this life is just a dream you get out of bed..put on a happy face cause crying never solves anything- Annabelle

Go on vacation and drink beer, and try and forget all the ways...We let ourselves get away- Bright End of Nowhere

cuz power is just another one of those things baby it's pointless if you ain't gonna use it- The Future is X-Rated

I

Alright, everyone has their favorite songs, favorite albums, favorite videos etc etc, but what about favorite single lines, lines that just stand out to you?

"if you lay me down in concrete fields will I dream of grass and opera?"

that line has changed my life - the symbolism is fantastic. If I was surrounded by bleak, bland, sameness, would I still exert a measure of control over my life, dreaming of beautiful things? Or, the corollory, would I become the thing I hate, would I blend in to the field and turn to concrete myself?

Every time I need a check on life I consider that line.