AnOceanPearl

Single Line Of An Mg Song That Just Stands Out

Yeah Chris, that is a KILLER line!

Here's another awesome one from THE FINE ART OF FALLING APART (Holy crap the Loswer Anthems EP is just brilliant!)

"You see I used to think that I'd get over everything

But everything just got

Over me"

As stated... all the above are great. made me go back and listen to some old songs... one i have to add, "I wonder when you move

do you look to see who's watching you". From the first song that turned me on to Matt Good, and still my favorite. Looking over these past posts, it has confirmed my belief that Matt is one of the best writers out there. truly gifted. I remember being in Tokyo, stuffed into a late night train, and my minidisc playing "running for home". The train was over packed with people piling on top of me, and yet thanks to Matt, I was a million miles away. Please Matt if you read this, come back to the East Coast. We miss you!

I used to get phone calls at the studio from Matt reciting the latest...

It never made any sence to me until we got it on tape then once I heard it....goose bumps. Now as a song writer, I get it.Sometimes it took a while to sink in...but Matt knew I got "it".

Some of the early stuff still makes me...misty.She's got a new disguise.Damn.

Shit, that whole album was a trip to record.Good times.

well, it's not like, crazy envy or anything. it's just that LOTGA has so much beauty in it and even in my dreams I can't accomplish anything close to that amazing. I'd say I envy most musicians to an extent because they're doing what I wish I could do.

Except Nickelback, they suck.

So do it!!! Ain't we taught you nuthin', boy!!!!LOL!!!

Really, send me some stuff...

Don't try so hard. Just try HARD!!!

Honestly, I've tried to bring myself to do things and try to follow my dreams but I've got terrible stage fright. I'm not even sure how to overcome it.

I've always found singing to be very therapeutic and I've been told I'm a good singer (though I found I've gotten worse since I quit smoking) but the idea of putting myself out there for people to judge and put down seems to make me the most afraid.

Of course, I hear a lot of the shit that gets played on the radio and think "well, they suck and they made it, maybe there IS hope for me"

Hopefully someday I'll just say fuck it and go for the gold.