Shiri

Matthew Good Musical Tribute

I am right now uploading a couple of covers I did in the past. My plan was to cover the complete Beautiful-Midnight album, but my life has changed a bit. The versions are not so new - but hopefully new to you.

Here is my work until now, Hope you'll enjoy the music:

FATED - Aysha is playing the bass and is singing. A very beautiful coverversion

FAILING THE ROHRSCHACHTEST - The beginning is spooky, the ending is cute.

HELLO TIME BOMB - Very spooky version with a funny "Bee-Gees" part in the 3 verse. There is a massive sample of Wolfgang Petersen "Das Boot" in the middle of the song instead of a guitar solo. Don't listen too loud.

SUBURBIA - 2 Guitars, Bass and JanO singing. It was my warm-up recording- done in 2 hours.

HAVEN'T SLEPT IN YEARS - just Depressive....Contains some random samples from german cable TV between 18.00h and 19.00h.

LOAD ME UP - The strangest coverversion ever. I worked over 3 months on that little thing. But it did not turn good. I was not able to produce that rocky sound from Matthew Good.

I was so frustrated, that Load me up was impossible to cover. I played 4 different versions and not a single one was good. I produced several Instrumentals but found no singer. My voice was too weak for this song.

I went to the hairdresser and told him about my frustration with "LOAD ME UP". And he bought the instrumental - karaoke version, invited a friend and sang LOAD ME UP on his own. He also translated the lyrics to german. I think he wanted to have a version for a big party or whatever. I had nothing to do with that chaos. Really. Believe me!

post-2-1151427948.gif

Guest Prosis

Megin, you must be cute behind the kit ;)

Now goodbanding, your music is pretty good, I have a hard time with the german accent but that's just a stupid detail that doesn't lessen the music!

I'm almost done a cover/new version of tripoli. I really like it so far.. I hope other people do too lol. It's not like the album or acoustic version, but you can still tell what it's based on. I'm no singer, so i'm probably going to get my friend Zara to sing it if she will because she has an absolutely beautiful voice. The only things that are going to be real are the gutiars and bass becuase i don't have enough mics or the proper equipment to record my drum set, and i don't play piano or have one to record with so i'll just be using midi's

Edited by rabbit_hunter

So I've been wondering... Did we give up on this?

I'm still kind of working on getting a good cut of She's Got A New Disguise. If I don't finish it this week it won't be for a while because I'll be going on vacation. We'll see.

Other than that, last time I checked there are quite a few songs on there, maybe even enough to make an album out of. Who knows.

I realize it's a bit late to chime in ambiguously, but I'm supposed to be recording copious amounts of original stuff for a friend's short film, come the end of August, so perhaps I'll throw my hat in the ring for something once I'm off this island ...

If I don't manage, though, it'd be killer to hear some Omissions of the Omen, says I. No one ever seems to talk about that song ...

In any case, I hope this doesn't die, because it sounds like fun, and there was so much enthusiasm. If anyone's in the Halifax area and wants to jam on something in the fall, then I've got a passable Apex pencil condenser, an MAudio MobilePre for input and a couple of mixing/editing programs (a shady copy of Audition, and also the wonderful and free Audacity for demoing and simple stuff). Plus a guitar & amp, bass & amp, me acoustic gee-tar and my sultry baritone pipes (and two harmonicas: key of C and G). There's lots of covers in that pile o' noisemakers.

Maybe I'll do a five-part layered a capella version of All Together, all by my lonesome ...

Good luck to everyone in their respective parts!

It'd be awesome to have a listing available on the Bored of what people have submitted, too. I don't have a high enough bandwidth connection, right now (or, rather, I'm sharing one with six other people and incoming/outgoing scientific data dumps), to download any of it, but it'd be nice to see what's been done.