skysosmrt

Last Record With Universal

Here is a quick thought, why not record the 3 Vancouver shows at the end of the solo acoustic tour and make a live CD/DVD. It would be a fitting end to the tour and Matt's stint with Universal.

As for Matt's future maybe he should start his own label, just an idea. Maybe he can help some great Canadian artists get a start in the industry.

Here is a quick thought, why not record the 3 Vancouver shows at the end of the solo acoustic tour and make a live CD/DVD. It would be a fitting end to the tour and Matt's stint with Universal.

As for Matt's future maybe he should start his own label, just an idea. Maybe he can help some great Canadian artists get a start in the industry.

he has his own label does he not? darktown? i remeber him saying it was his

I'm pretty sure he still has darktown.

For me, Matt Good music is Matt Good music, and no matter how it might vary from record to record, it always hits me in such a profound way. I don't care what it might sound like, how he does it, I just want the music.

i had read an article in the sun saying he wasnt sure what his next album was gonna be,also another that was said the last time he toured with the full band could be his last time wich was last fall,hopefully not,would like to see him rock out again ;)

A live album would be really neat but I think if he was going to do that he would have done it with In a Coma. Doing a best of and then a live album where the majority of the great songs he plays live are kind of like the best of or Rooms...wouldn't work from a selling standpoint unless it were a limited release kind of deal.

I think it would kick ass to hear a new AOB sounding album but I'd also think a acoustic/folk album would be pretty cool

I dont think there is any reason to believe he will stop making music, after all, he's an artists... and thats what artists do - they don't generally go to work 9-5 jobs. Not to mention it almost appears as though he thrives on being able to speak his mind. Although to many it seems unlikely to most that universal would re-sign him, lets keep in mind that he records quickly and still sells out many shows, meaning his artist costs are low. Also, I am pretty sure all his full length albums are gold or platinum certified - so I am pretty confident that its his choice as to whether or not he is going to stay with universal. I've heard him mention often enough that he is happy with the artistic freedom he gets from them, but unhappy with other things - but I wouldn't be surprised if he made more records with them.

As for his next record, he seems to play somewhat like what he's listening to (i.e. the Who's Isle of Wight while recording WLRR), and although I could never guess as to what he would do next - he did say at the North Bay show that he "confesses to listening to far too much Johnny Cash."

I haven't read anything there being a release date of any kind for it. A live CD would be okay, but it would also seem disappointing if it did end up as his last Universal release. A completely acoustic CD might be neat though.